Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thank goodness for the basement...

I ended up sleeping in the basement last night. I figured it wasn't worth tossing and turning any more than I already would, so I braved heading down to the basement, inflating our new air mattress, and sleeping in the relative cool of the basement. Considering I'm over eight months pregnant and I was on an air mattress, it wasn't half bad. Better than sweating to death upstairs, anyway.

The house was cooler but still pretty hot this morning, but at least there was a nice breeze coming in once I started opening up all the windows again (I closed a lot of them in case it rained overnight...I never would have heard it). Getting dressed was a sweat-fest anyway, and then I went out and got a haircut, despite my reservations about changing my hair right before having the baby. I decided that 1) my hair was too long for this hot weather, even though it did allow me to put it up if necessary; 2) I was really starting to dislike it as long as it was; and 3) I didn't know when I'd have the chance to go do it again, so I wanted to get it out of the way now. It's pretty short and relatively cute, but as usual it'll take some getting used to. I had to shower again when I got home to stop the little pieces of cut hair from sticking to me, and by then it was hot enough in the house that I couldn't bear to heat anything up for lunch (and with cold cuts being a pregnancy no-no, my cold options were limited), so I ate a bunch of fruit for lunch. I also stopped at Friendly's on my way out of town to grab a FREE ice cream cone...they had a big event today from 12-5 giving away single cones. I had a Vienna Mocha Chunk cone, which was a treat because it's so rare that I eat regular ice cream. Gotta love pregnancy.

It's been a nice day, though...Buffalo was a little cooler than Rochester, and I got to spend some time with my grandma, who's recovering from a hip replacement. I did some running around this evening (bought a nursing bra...woohoo!) and now I'm settling in for the night. I'm pretty beat and my body is giving me signs it's time to stop walking I'm listening. I was also listening to Craig's lacrosse broadcast on the internet, but they're in a lightning break right now so that's done for a bit. On to another busy, hot day tomorrow, but it should be a good one...Have a nice rest of the weekend!

No comments: