Monday, June 30, 2008

Clean Bill of Health

Jacob had his first doctor's appointment today, and he's doing well. He's now 10 days old and weighs in at 6 lbs. 14 0z., which means that he's surpassed his birth weight before the two week target. That was a huge load off my mind, because as his sole source of nourishment, I want to make sure he's getting enough. Despite a wacky feeding schedule and some random spit-up episodes, it appears he is. All of our other questions for the pediatrician came up as normal, and other than him peeing on the table, it was a pretty uneventful visit. He can even skip an appointment and not go back until late July. (I think because he was in the hospital a week, it threw off his schedule. He would have gone in a week or so ago, most likely, then again this week, but it was either go in again Friday or just wait until the month checkup. Since he's over his birth weight, there was really no need to go again this week.)

The time home has been good, though he's had a couple middle of the night wide awake periods, which are tough to deal with. We're afraid his clock is a little backwards right now, but hopefully that will work itself out. Other than one long stretch of being awake at night, he sleeps really well, so I guess we can't complain. He's such a cutie, and although I wish I didn't have such fear every time I went to change him (projectile poo is still a problem...and then he added a fountain into the mix this morning), things are going pretty well. I haven't been able to get much done around the house that I wanted to, however, even with Craig home yesterday and today. Yesterday I took my first trip out alone, which was really needed. Much easier to leave Jacob home with Craig for a couple hours than to try to explain to Craig exactly what he needed to buy at Wal-Mart and Wegmans. It was good to get out, but it's not quite the carefree shopping experience that I was so used to before!

I guess that's about it for now. I will try to post some new pictures one of these days...

No comments: