Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nothing new...

I don't really have anything to report today, but I've decided that even if I don't have anything to post, I'm going to make an effort to somehow reward those that decide to visit with something. So...

If you want to go back to your childhood (for some of us young folk), here are two great sites:

http://www.thuletrail.com/ - This is a modernized online version of the old Oregon Trail computer game. It's really goofy but I couldn't help but laugh thinking about all the ways people used to get sick and die in the original game. "Zeke has dysentery." (Oh, and I just looked up what dysentery is...ewwww.)

http://www.virtualnes.com/ - Click on the letters at the top of the screen to be whisked away to a magical land where your original Nintendo console still works! This site has recreated a ridiculous number of original Nintendo games for online play, and it is amazing. I'm a huge Super Mario freak and all three are on this site. It's amazingly close to the real thing. The only thing I've noticed is that you can't make Mario duck and slide at the same time like you can in the original. But other than that, the site is truly awesome. Sorry, no Duck Hunt, though.

Enjoy...maybe I'll have something better to report tomorrow :)

No comments: