Thursday, September 20, 2012

Letters to Baby #9 - August 3, 2012

Dear baby-to-be,

Well, tomorrow marks nine weeks.  So far so good.  I have a couple doctor's appointments coming up in the next week and a few days.  I'm sure those will bring back some memories from last time, when I was doing all of this for the first time and was pretty clueless.  It was all so new and different then.  On one hand it was scary because everything was so unknown.  On the other hand it was exciting because each day had the potential to bring something new.  This time around I know a little better what to expect, and that's both good and bad.  I know that there are fantastic parts that I can't wait for, like when you start kicking me.  But I also know the bad parts—the awkwardness of getting bigger before my belly is obviously pregnant, how hard it is to do things and how careful I have to be about everything, and how hard it is to bring you into the world and take care of you once you're here.  I also know how amazing it is once you are here, so there's that to look forward to, even if it's hard.
 
I'm still not feeling good, and figuring out food is a challenge.  I have some crackers in the morning to try to stave off nausea until I get to work and have breakfast.  Breakfast works for a while, but at 11:30 I have a snack (usually a banana or yogurt), which helps me not be starving by lunch.  I usually have another snack around 4pm, just because I'm getting hungry by then and I can't get too hungry before dinner or else the nausea takes over and it's hard to pick anything to eat or feel good enough to make it because everything just feels gross.  It's a challenge staying awake at work or having energy to play with Jacob.  I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now just looking around the house—so much cleaning that needs to be done, parts of the yard growing out of control, toys everywhere, and some home improvements to do before you arrive.  We need some new carpets and I need to design a big boy room for Jacob so you can have his baby room.  It's a lot to do and I just need to take it one step at a time.  Hopefully it'll seem easier when I'm not feeling so crappy all the time. 

Anyway, nine weeks sounds pretty good right now.  Hang in there and keep growing!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: