Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Letters to Baby #4 - July 9, 2012


Dear Baby-to-be,

Yesterday was the first day I wasn't feeling well, which probably marks the beginning of the tough part of pregnancy. Last time around I started feeling yucky right around this time, moved along by a busy weekend without a lot of sleep. This time around I'm pretty much dealing with the same thing, as we're on vacation visiting Uncle John, Aunt Kristin and your cousins in Aunt Kristin's hometown. Your big brother is being an absolute pain (please don't be like that) and he's not sleeping well on top of it, so it's been a rough couple days. Yesterday I had a few moments of nausea, and really started feeling some of the exhaustion. Today was better thanks to some fun activities, but I did take a two-hour nap and still woke up exhausted. I'm just noticing myself being tired at weird times, and my patience is almost non-existent, which may be a combination of being tired and being extra hormonal. God help us all for the next eight months or so. In fact, I think my due date is approximately eight months from today. I'm not sure when the magic actually happened, so in reality I'm figuring it's anywhere from the 7th to the 9th, though I'm voting for the 8th since that was your Great-Grandma Binkley's birthday and it would be a great honor to have you share a birthday with her. She was an awesome woman.

The best news out of today is that my last batch of bloodwork came back looking good. So good, in fact, that I was excused from another round I was supposed to get when we got home from vacation, and got to set the appointment for our first ultrasound instead! That was exciting, though I actually wish it was scheduled a little later because I think I'll only be about seven weeks along at that point, and I think we were nearly 10 weeks last time so we could see a pretty obvious baby shape by then. You might be a little more of a blob, which might be a little disappointing. Still, it will be a relief to make sure things look good, and maybe because of the intervention we had to get this far, they'll do more than just two ultrasounds during this pregnancy. Probably not, but maybe. Anyway, it was good news to know that things are progressing as they should so far.

Thanks to the good news, we'll probably tell Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle John, and Aunt Kristin tomorrow. I'd rather tell Uncle John and Aunt Kristin in person, so that means tomorrow is pretty much our only chance. It's a bit of a risk, but they'd find out eventually even if things didn't go well, so I think it'll be okay. Everyone will be thrilled, I'm sure! Not sure how much we'll tell your brother just yet, as experts say that it's better to tell kids later because their concept of time isn't too good and it could create a lot of confusion and anxiety if we tell him too early. Still, we need to keep warning him about not hitting or kicking my belly, so hopefully we'll tell him, keep it light, and just discuss it only when we have to, for now.

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to getting into feeling not-so-great, but I also know it's a sign that things are progressing as they should. I need energy at least for the next couple days to get through this vacation! It's been great, but boy, am I tired! Worth it, but tired! Talk to you soon!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: