Thursday, September 27, 2012

Letters to Baby #11 - August 10, 2012

Dear baby-to-be,

One year ago today was your great-grandmother's funeral.  Today I went to my doctor for my first official prenatal visit.  What a difference a year makes.  Last year we were hoping to try to get pregnant, and this year, here we are at the 10-week mark as of tomorrow.  Later than we'd thought it would be, but happening nonetheless.  I'm a little sad you won't get to meet your great-grandmother (either of the ones on my side, for that matter) and I'm hoping that Nana, Daddy's grandmother, stays healthy enough to meet you next year.  Having you meet one, at least, would bring me a lot of joy. 
Today's appointment was just to get the dos and don'ts, decide what screenings we'd like to do, and make an appointment for our big ultrasound when we'll find out when you're a boy or a girl (and hopefully confirm all is well with all your body parts, too!).  October 17th will be a big day. 

Monday's appointment is still coming and I hope to hear your little heart beating nice and strong.  But for tonight, I'm extra sleepy and ready for bed.  One of these days I'll feel almost normal again!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: