Sunday, September 9, 2012

Letters to Baby #3 - July 5, 2012


Dear baby-to-be,

Today I got the results of my blood test.  They said my level was 1234, which is apparently a good level.  Of course, they won't know for sure how good until I get bloodwork done a couple more times, to make sure the level is going up at the rate they'd expect.  Unfortunately, I was stuck at work today when they wanted me to go in, so I'm going in the morning.   Then they wanted me to go on Saturday, but we're going to be out of town (family wedding, followed by a mini-vacation), so I won't be able to go until next Thursday!  Not ideal, but it's going to have to do.

I'm still not feeling any major effects of being pregnant, other than a slight tendency to be tired at random times, as well as some minor belly issues, which may be coincidence.  I noticed last week that random things were causing me to feel like I was pulling muscles in my stomach.  I swear I remember that from last time around, too, but it's been over four years so I could be wrong.  Today I felt like my stomach was bigger, though that's probably just a fat thing and not a pregnancy thing.  I haven't been working out as much lately because I've been busy and the weather's too nice to be in a gym, but I've also been a little nervous about running or working out too hard, because I don't know how much I should be limiting myself.  I wasn't in as good of shape last time around—or at least, I wasn't as conditioned to run—but I remember reading that if your body was used to it pre-pregnancy, you can probably continue it for a while.  But I also know I should try to keep my heart rate low-ish, so I'm not sure where the happy medium is.  I want to stay in good shape, though, not only so I look good, but also because it makes me feel good and I want to stay in the best shape possible leading up to delivery.  I know how hard it is and the stronger I am, the better.

I'm still very nervous, but part of me is so excited and dying to tell people.  Since so much of this journey has been out in the open, part of me feels like I might as well tell people.  But the fear of miscarriage is real, and the more people I'd have to tell, the worse it would be.  Even still, we're seeing some family this weekend that we won't see in person for a while, so part of me wants to at least share it with them.  We'll see.  Daddy's not convinced.

Anyway, so far so good.  We have a long way to go and the waiting between each blood test is going to be tough.  I was so nervous waiting to get the results today, and it will probably only get harder.  But the good news will be even better when it comes, and I hope you're in there and you're in it for the long haul.  Until next time...

Love,
Mommy

No comments: