Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Growing...

As one might expect, my belly continues to get bigger. Scary to think that the baby pretty much gains a half pound each week now, so it's going to keep getting bigger at a frightening pace! A lot of people around work have been remarking that I've really popped...though I've obviously had a pretty significant belly for at least a month or so now. I'm not sure what it is, but I think I know what they mean. It's really starting to stick out a lot. Before everything seemed pretty in proportion to my body, and I suppose it still is, but it's definitely on the verge of going beyond that. I keep noticing just how big it is no matter what I'm wearing. In fact, some of my clothes are going to start getting too small, and considering how big they were when I first bought some of them, it's really amazing to think how much I've grown in the last few months. Fortunately, the stuff that's getting too small is all winter stuff, so hopefully I won't need those much longer anyway, right? I keep waiting for more spring stuff to go on clearance so I can bulk up my wardrobe a bit before the next run of warm weather. I have a handful of things, and can use some of my winter stuff at work for a while since my office is pretty cold, but I will definitely miss the flexibility of my old wardrobe in the coming months. As I was clearing my summer stuff out of the closet in the baby's room I got a little sad every time I saw one of my favorite articles of clothing, knowing I'd probably go a good chunk of the summer not being able to wear it. Definitely gives me something to shoot for, though, once I can work out again.

On top of the size issue, it appears like the baby is running out of room again. It's been moving around a LOT the last couple days, sticking out body parts here and there. Still tough to identify much, but there are times that it seems like the baby is using its butt or shoulder to push its way out of there! It's entertaining, but at times it can be pretty distracting. I've probably felt about three cases of hiccups (I think), which is really funny. It feels a little like a heartbeat, just evenly spaced pulses in my belly. They'll go on for a few minutes. They seem a lot less violent than some adult cases of hiccups, but that's all I can imagine they'd be. It's definitely odd to have this little human inside, but it was very interesting to see a little baby (a week old, only 6 lbs.--the newborn daughter of my parents' friends' daughter, who lives down the street from my parents) over the weekend, and think about how her movements relate to our baby's movements. Still tough to picture, but it was cool.

Hard to believe, only nine more weeks and we'll see it all for ourselves...

No comments: