Monday, October 13, 2008

One more thing...

I forgot to add to my "Things that occurred to me over the weekend" list that I gained even more of an understanding as to why moms let themselves go. I already understood the time thing, that women don't always have time (or want to take the time) to work out. I definitely see myself wanting to run home more often to see Jacob than wanting to run off to the gym. I have to force myself to go, and that's why I'm only going once a week...but at least I'm still going. But anyway, the realization this weekend came when I was planning on running to the mall on Sunday afternoon. By the time I was ready to go, I realized Jacob would be hungry again soon and really needed to take a nap as well. I figured I'd give it some time and see if I could go again later. Alas, I was really tired and ended up taking a nap myself. By the time we would have been ready to go again, it was close to closing time for the mall and I just wasn't in the mood anyway. My thinking for women as a whole is that it takes too much coordinating to get to the mall to shop...between feeling like going, getting kids in the right frame of mind to shop, and getting far enough down the priority list that you have the time to do it. It's just not worth the effort sometimes, and if that feeling continues over a number of years, suddenly the mom hasn't been shopping in years and she's let herself go. This is a really simplistic way of looking at it, but it was just how I felt this weekend. I'll get shopping one of these days...I hope.

No comments: