Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baby pictures

Sorry, not Jacob...yet. I will have some soon, I promise. We got our Jacob-sized pumpkin today that I had been wanting to get to pose him with, so I should have some cute stuff to share soon.

But tonight I finally got to see Craig's baby pictures, so I could see how similar he and Jacob looked. I'll admit, there were some pretty striking similarities. However, it also proves that there's got to be some of me in there somewhere, even if I can't always see it. I guess Jacob has my nose (Craig's was different) and my head shape (Jacob's is rounder than Craig's was). But some of the pictures did look remarkably similar. Funny how genetics work. I do hope Jacob avoids the awkward phase we both went through, but I think every kid goes through that in one way or another, from bad hair to bad teeth to bad clothes. Much of that can probably be blamed on the styles at the time. I'm still convinced that all those little boys running around with long hair right now will wonder what they (or their parents) were thinking about 10-15 years down the road. At least Jacob is starting out incredibly cute, so there's a good canvas to work with!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: