Saturday, August 30, 2008

Holy cow...


I don't know if ten weeks was the magic number, or if we have Jacob's unfortunate cold to blame (or his humidifier's white noise to thank), but Jacob just officially slept through the night. We put him to bed around 11pm, and when I woke up at 6 and realized he hadn't woken me up yet, I was shocked! I was a little nervous (he's pretty congested so of course all sorts of things go through your mind), particularly because I hadn't heard a peep out of him...no coughing, no grunting, no coos. Craig got up and looked in on him, and he was apparently awake but content. He started crying at 6:30 for a feeding. He was in a great mood after the first half of his feeding, when I was changing his diaper, and was shooting me all sorts of smiles! The second half didn't go well, with a coughing fit disrupting everything and making him spit-up. He never really got back on track after that, but was content enough to fall back asleep for a couple more hours, allowing Mommy and Daddy some sorely needed sleep-in time! I don't know if we know what to do with this much sleep, but man, did it feel good! We have a busy day today getting ready for the christening tomorrow, so a good night's sleep was a great start! Now if Jacob could just shake this cough, all would be right with the world!

No comments: