Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monday's Highlights

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. Not that I had much to post about, though. We had a nice weekend with my parents in town, and Jacob didn't disappoint...he's getting quite entertaining these days. When he's in a good mood, he smiles a lot and has this overall excited look on his face...very cute. He napped at good times (church, lunch at Olive Garden) and kept us entertained at Subway when we realized he might have a slight fear of ice. He jumped a mile every time someone got ice out of the soda fountain, and then got the most freaked out look on his face when my dad shook my cup of ice and made it rattle. This happened about three times, with the same look each time. So funny.

Yesterday he apparently did well at day care, with lots of smiles and noises. He presented us with a BM in the evening, which I caught right away now that I know his "look" when he's pushing one out. Fortunately it wasn't a big one this time...nice and normal sized. Hopefully that's the start of a trend. Unfortunately, he seemed gassy again this morning so I'm not sure what his poor little system is doing. Darn formula.

Even worse is that I think Jacob might be getting my cold. I noticed in the middle of the night from Sunday to Monday that I had a sore throat. Craig got home around 2am from the Major League Lacrosse Championship weekend (The Rattlers won!! Too bad the trophy doesn't have a cup on top like the hockey and indoor lacrosse trophies, because Jacob's butt would have been in it for photos ASAP...assuming the league ever gets in engraved and lets the team have it for a while) and stayed up chatting during Jacob's feeding. I noticed I wasn't feeling great but hoped it was just allergies. No such luck. And just in time for a very busy week and a big weekend. Sunday is Jacob's baptism and we have a lot to do to prepare for it. It's also my birthday, but I'm way less concerned about that, even if it is a "big" one. Anyway, I feel bad because Jacob seemed a little congested last night and this morning, coughing and sneezing more than normal. I'd hate for him to be sick so soon--poor thing--and the timing isn't great in general with his big day coming up. I don't want him to be fussy for his own sake, or for mine, since I'm not feeling particularly patient or energetic in the midst of my cold. Ugh. The good news is that I think we'll both be feeling better by next weekend for my friend Lois' wedding. Let's hope anyway, because a long car ride with a sick infant doesn't sound fun, and I will need all of my energy to make it through a long day of bridal party activities.

Speaking of Lois, she got me to take a big technological step yesterday...I now have my own Facebook page. I had sort of been meaning to look into it lately, but never got around to it. Lois sent me an invite to check out hers, and I had to sign up to do so, so I figured there was no time like the present. It's a pretty crazy thing, though...I've only been on it for a day and I already have 20 friends, either from people I've found or people who found me. And I haven't even really gotten around to looking a lot. But just like that I have potential reconnections with people from high school and college that I haven't talked to in ages. In a way it's a little like my high school reunion...do you let bygones by bygones and ignore the fact that you haven't bothered to be in contact with someone for years, or do you let the fear that they might not remember you (or care to) stop you from putting in a friend request? It's like high school self-esteem issues all over again, though in most cases I think people just don't care now. I'm not sure what prevented me from doing this all along, but I definitely had this feeling that it was a thing for "kids", pretty much anyone younger than me...because I think I was graduating college when these social networking sites were just starting to gain popularity. It seems like everyone after me got into it, but until recently I didn't really know anyone my age that had a page (that I knew of, anyway). It's an interesting time to get involved, though, because so many people I know from college have young kids...so seeing their babies has been cool and having potential connections for future kid stuff is probably a good idea as well. Of course, it's a new obsession that I don't really have time for. But we'll see how it goes...

No comments: