Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pack 'N' Play - A Smart Invention

I must say, I'm very impressed by Pack 'N' Plays. Craig did a lot of the assembly when we put ours up in our living room before Jacob was born, which should have been my first clue that it was pretty easy...seeing as I'm the house assembler for a reason! Taking it down yesterday was a challenge until I looked at the instructions again, but transporting it and putting it back up once we got to Craig's parents' house was easy. And Jacob slept in it like a champ. Another 5-1/2 hour span last night, and he even got in a relatively settled four hour span this morning to let Mommy and Daddy sleep in a bit! Nice to be able to transport a crib so easily. Thanks to the Pack 'N' Play inventors for that one.

It took until this morning, but Jacob finally pooped for the first time since Thursday night. I never thought I would actually type a sentence like that, but somehow when you have a kid, bowel movements become topics of conversation. Hmmm. But yeah, that was a little scary considering he can be a pretty poopy little boy sometimes. I would have called the doctor this morning had he not gotten something out. Could be the formula, I guess, though he got through the whole week without a problem, but I'm not sure what else might have caused that.

Right now he's sleeping on Craig, hopefully working up some energy for a fun day with the grandparents! Craig and I are looking forward to getting in the pool and relaxing a bit, though we'll have to make sure we can find a good shady spot for Jacob. He won't get to swim quite yet, but we may dip his feet in, just because he seems to like splashing his feet in the warm water of his baths. Should be fun!

Happy Weekend!

No comments: