Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What a weekend!

It started out great with Jacob sleeping through the night, and the weekend ended up being pretty fantastic. Saturday was busy with running around preparing for Sunday's baptism, but we had a good time and Jacob handled it like a pro. Sunday was really nice. Everything just worked out great. Jacob did really well during his baptism, and we had a nice time at the party afterward. My aunt (my godmother and the mother of Jacob's godmother) and uncle hosted it, which was so helpful because I can't imagine what I would have done if I had to clean the house last week and set up the party that day, in addition to everything else. The weather was perfect, the food was great, and we were so happy to have so much family around to celebrate. I will say that it's tough when you have both sides of the family around, because it's hard to split your time. The guest of honor was in high demand as well, so coordinating people's opportunities to hold him in the midst of running around checking on party stuff was a little crazy, but I think it all went pretty well. It was just nice of everyone to come out. That night we went to the Red Wings baseball game, mostly because Craig had a Rattlers' player set up to throw out the first pitch. We figured it was a good opportunity to take Jacob to his first game, and Godmother Lori came with us. We had a lot of fun and once again Jacob was pretty well-behaved...and when he fussed it just took a little walk around (he was in the Baby Bjorn carrier) to chill him out. We decided to leave a little early because we thought Jacob might not be a fireworks fan just yet.
Yesterday was a great day as well, running around to do some errands and just hanging out. It was tough to drop Jacob off at day care this morning because we had such a fun weekend. Sometimes it's a relief to drop him off, like after a long night constant feedings or lots of crying, but this weekend was so much fun ('cause he's getting cuter and more smiley every day) that I wanted more! Next weekend's going to be interesting, when we head off to my friend Lois' wedding and have Lori as our "nanny" for the weekend. Eleven hours (at least) in the car with a 2-1/2 month old and arranging feedings and pumpings around my wedding duties will be quite interesting, I think, but I am SO looking forward to it. That was my consolation this morning as I dropped him off, that I only had to do it for three days this week before getting him back for three more.
Sorry I couldn't offer up more, but I have to get back to work...all so I can get home quicker to my two favorite men :)

No comments: