Monday, December 8, 2008

Feeling better...

Fortunately I am feeling better today. I am still scared that Jacob is going to catch whatever I had/have. He's at daycare today so it's been nice to just recover a bit and not worry about getting him sick. I will be going to get him in a few hours, so I'm sure I'll worry about it again tonight. Even though the worst appears to be over, my body went through quite a bit yesterday....I probably ate 20% of what I usually do, and all of that forceful ejection of what was in my body wiped me out. I am still recovering a bit today. I feel good enough that I can get some things done, but I usually need a bit of a rest afterward.

It's been an odd day being home alone. I haven't had this experience in a long time. To nap uninterrupted, to clean things up at will without having to think about what to do with Jacob....it's strange. I may still try to get one more nap in before I head off to go get him. I've been pumping as usual today, but I'm getting very little out. I think the dehydration is impacting my milk supply big time. In two pumpings I only have six ounces, and usually I have about 10. I will probably try to pump one more time before I go get him, too. We made Jacob an additional bottle this morning because he still seemed hungry but kept popping off, presumably because there wasn't anything there for him. Poor guy. Hopefully we'll get back on track soon.

I'm grateful that this illness didn't last longer, partly because I'd go nuts (couldn't help but cringe at the thought of feeling like I did yesterday for three months...SO incredibly thankful I didn't have morning sickness!!) and partly because I have a lot to do at work in the next couple weeks before a blissful week and a half off! I feel bad not being there, but obviously they don't want to catch what I had either. I am definitely looking forward to time off at Christmas...lots of uninterrupted time with Jacob, which will be awesome.

Well, I'm off to nap and maybe get the tree decorated...since that didn't happen yesterday!

No comments: