Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Card Rejects

Hi, I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Ours was busy as usual. Jacob and I went to the hockey game on Friday night so he could see Santa. I figured it was his shot to see a non-creepy Santa (the ones at the malls bug me...not to mention that waiting in line is awful). Staying up late totally screwed up his schedule for a couple days, but oh well. He didn't particularly enjoy Santa, however. No tears, just no smiles.


Here's a pic I snapped of Jacob when we got home that night...couldn't resist :)


My parents came to visit on Saturday so they could hang out with Jacob while Craig and I went Christmas shopping. It was weird being out and about without him, especially since it seemed like everyone had their baby out at the mall, no matter how young. Crazy. While I did miss having Jacob around, it was nice to be able to move around as quickly as possible (in spite of the slowpokes all over the place) and to not worry about when he'd need to eat or what to do if he got cranky. We had a fairly successful trip, though there's still a lot more to do!

Craig had another game yesterday so Jacob and I were on our own. We ended up going to the children's Christmas program at church in the afternoon, which was nice. Jacob seemed to enjoy it...he was very content the whole time. Once we got home it was time for our Christmas card photo shoot. I'm keeping the winner under wraps since most of the people that read this blog will be getting a card....and perhaps will post it later on once the cards have gone out. But for now, here are some rejects...the best of the rejects, anyway...so many cute ones, but there could only be one winner...

It was fun playing dress up and getting Jacob to smile, until he decided he wanted to suck on his hands non-stop and the drool started showing up on his shirt. We have some "official" pictures tomorrow evening, and I am SO hoping that he's in a good mood for them. We shall see. Happy Monday :)

No comments: