Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Definitely an atypical 4th of July here today. It's still pretty early to cart Jacob around anywhere, so this 4th we're staying close to home. I did manage a trip to the grocery store and Craig did a little yard work, but normally we'd have probably done a LOT of yard work (the weather is beautiful and there's a ton of stuff I'd like to be doing out there) and found something fun to do today. Instead we'll finish off the day with a walk and a movie. No doubt the neighbors will give us a bit of a fireworks show, so maybe we can sit outside and enjoy that, too. It's a far cry from last 4th of July, when we went to my office downtown to watch the fireworks from the 16th floor. We were also eagerly awaiting news from my cousin and his wife on their impending arrival. They spent the 4th in labor. Now here we all are a year later...Anna turns one tomorrow and we have our own baby! Wow.

It should be a fun weekend with visits from both sides of the family. Craig's brother and his whole crew will be visiting tomorrow. My brother and his wife are arriving in Buffalo from Portland today and will be here with my parents on Sunday. It'll be a busy couple days, but a nice break from just sitting around the house watching TV in between feedings and crying spells.

In other news, some of my old clothes are finally getting close to fitting (I know, it's only been two weeks...). I'm back to the stage I was in back in the late winter-early spring, where some bottoms need a ponytail holder to do up the button. I haven't braved actually doing that yet, but it's good to know it's an option. I'm in this in between stage right now where I've shrunk down nicely...but that means my maternity clothes are too big and my regular clothes are a little too small. I discovered that a lot of my old shirts aren't going to fit me for a while because (get this) my chest is too big. They all look too short because my nursing-enhanced chest takes up a bunch of material that it never did before. I don't know if it's cheaper to go out and buy new clothes or give up nursing at some point and start paying for formula! I know the benefits of nursing are huge, so it probably wouldn't be any time soon, but it's interesting to be on the back end of the maternity clothes issues!

That's about it for now...Jacob's starting to fuss...but what else is new? At least today he's slept a bit and has hopefully dispelled our colic fears a bit. Two days of complete crankiness had us worried, but today's been better. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Have a Happy 4th of July!

No comments: