Tuesday, July 15, 2008

General Updates

Today was a good day for Jacob. We got up this morning and went to the day care to get him officially signed up. Everyone there thought he was adorable, and they laughed at how his squeaky little cry sounds like a laugh. Of course, then he got really upset and did his usual thing where he stops breathing momentarily, turns red, starts clicking, then lets out a loud scream. That freaked out the one woman when she noticed he wasn't breathing. It doesn't exactly sit well with me either, but he does it enough that I know he comes out of it ok. May be something I have to ask the doctor about, though. But they're excited to have him (and our money, no doubt).

We had a nice day where he alternated between naps and adorable wide awake time. He ate every 3-4 hours (nice change of pace from the past few days) and we got a great nap in this afternoon together, which was nice. It killed my plans to take a walk in the nice weather, but we'll probably have to have some outside time the next few days to escape our hot house. We're getting our central air a week late, based on this week's forecast :-P Tonight he was a little fussy, eating in short spurts before falling asleep and waking up a few minutes later crying. I don't know if it was gas or what. The gripe water definitely seemed to calm him down these last few days, to the point that he could sleep a bit during the day. The last couple days I've skipped my usual cereal for breakfast in favor of a less dairy-filled option, and I think that has helped as well. I'm still eating other forms of dairy, but I figured ditching the biggest dose of it (in its purest form, no less) might at least help. In fact, I didn't give him any gripe water today until he got fussy this evening. I may have to try soy milk to see if he reacts to that, because I will really start missing cereal if I can't eat it until I stop breastfeeding. Every day is different, so we'll see how tomorrow goes.

When we have a good day like today, it's so easy to just fall in love with the little guy. He can be so cute, and each day he seems to get a little more aware of his surroundings. Days where he's a little fussier, obviously he's still loved, but it's harder to really get all mushy about it. I end up more tired and cranky, and I get a little too caught up in wishing he'd just go to sleep to think about how awesome he is. However, even tonight when he was cranky, it was nice when I'd pick him up and he'd immediately stop crying. Makes you think you're doing something right.

I'll try to post some new pictures sometime soon. We've started tummy time on the boppy pillow, and sometimes he falls asleep (supervised) in the cutest positions like that. Hopefully I can catch it one of these days...

No comments: