Saturday, February 2, 2008

Mini-Celebration :)

Today I made it my mission to find some maternity pants. Most of my pants are slowly but surely getting too tight. Each week when I wear them, they get progressively tighter, and eventually they're just downright uncomfortable to wear all day while sitting at my desk. And it only gets worse after I eat or when my bladder is full. So, with a couple pairs of fat pants left, plus a couple more that must have started out relatively loose, my supply of comfortable work attire has been waning. And I haven't figured out panty hose yet, so even elastic-waisted skirts are a tough one right now.

So, off to the east side of Rochester to hit up one of a couple Old Navys that carry maternity wear. Quick side rant--I've heard from a co-worker that also works at Old Navy that they're phasing that part out of their stores, taking it online only. Maybe it's just her store, but can I just say how cruel that is? As if it isn't tough enough to buy maternity clothes when you're dressing a body you don't have yet...let alone having to buy a bunch of stuff online without being able to try it on first. Even if they make returns easy, it's still a pain. Anyway...I found an awesome pair of jeans! Believe it or not, they're low-rise! They still have a bit of a panel, but that's mostly for stretchiness...it sits below the belly button, and the rest of the jeans look totally normal. Pretty close to my usual jeans, actually. That was a huge find. I can only run around with my jeans unbuttoned for so long. I also bought a pair of khaki pants for work. I don't absolutely love them, but they were cheap and they look ok, so they will work. When you're facing the dilemma of iffy pants vs. no pants, it's not a tough call.

Then we went to Target, and I found the first pair of maternity pants I tried on, the ones I loved that made me confident maternity clothes wouldn't be a nightmare, on clearance!! That was exciting. Always nice to get something 50% off.

That said, I'm really looking forward to warmer weather. It's way easier to dress in warm weather. Baby-doll shirts look way cuter with short sleeves and there's really not much out there with long sleeves to begin with, cute or not. Maternity stuff just looks happier when you don't have to be bundled up. That's still a long way away, so I'll have to make do with what I have, but as much as I don't want to rush this whole process, it's just one more thing to look forward to.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the Superbowl :)

No comments: