Sunday, February 17, 2008

God's Creation

Going through the ultrasound process really reminded me once again how amazing this whole thing is. I mean, all I have to do is try to take extra good care of my body, and beyond that, the baby is forming perfectly without any help from me. It's so hard to believe that it started as a tiny little cell and has formed into this living thing with a beating heart, internal organs, bones, a brain, eyes, ears (we saw those, too!), and whatever else. The baby even has sexual organs already, and it won't be using those for many (many, many) years to come. It's just amazing that all the cells know what to do and that they all work together to "magically" form this little human. God does some truly awesome things, and baby creation is really at the top of the list. It's truly an awe-inspiring process, and I feel extra blessed that I get to have all of that going on inside me. It may not always be fun, but it's an experience that not everyone gets to have, and that I do really makes me thankful.

Since this isn't that lengthy a post, I'll leave you with an example of another of God's awesome handiwork...sunsets. Check out eternalsunset.net to see an ever-changing display of current sunsets, wherever they may be, courtesy of west-facing webcams from around the globe. Depending on when you visit, there are some truly breathtaking images to behold. I first began to appreciate sunsets back in college, because Geneseo had some doozies. We even specially picked our dorm rooms for the last three years to face west so we'd have a front row seat, looking out across the Genesee Valley. Ever since I've always kept an eye out, and now I'm fortunate enough to have an office on the 16th floor with some west facing windows that gives us a show quite frequently. It's the only bright side to early sunsets all winter--at least I'm in the office when they happen and can see some beautiful displays. But when I'm in need of a sunset fix, Eternal Sunset usually provides one, no matter what time of day it is.

I hope all of you have a nice long weekend to enjoy...our Monday will be busy (Craig's brother's family--all six of them--are in town) but hey, at least it's not work!

No comments: