Friday, February 15, 2013

Let's get this party started...

So...all the pressure I was feeling the last couple days?  Turns out it wasn't just normal discomfort.  It's been an eventful day, to say the least!  It started out normal enough, but we've been at the hospital for about five hours now, and I'm all hooked up to everything--the monitor, the fluids, the pitocin--and waiting for the contractions to get stronger.  Everyone's telling me that this should go quicker than last time, so we'll see how quick this little man decides to make his appearance.  Just getting to this point has been a bit of an adventure, which I'll get into later, but despite the fact I'm facing down labor at the moment, I'm strangely relieved that I don't have to go through three more weeks of the discomfort I was feeling.  It will be replaced by exhaustion, hormones, and whatever else, but that is surprisingly helpful at this point.  And we'll have an adorable little baby to hang out with, so that will be cool, too.  It all came on pretty suddenly, so luckily Lori was able to grab our stuff from the house and my parents are already here and hanging out with Jacob.  I managed to finish 99% of the work I wanted to get done, too.  So, by all accounts things are going okay and it's just a matter of getting through the next few hours.  I'll check in as soon as I can!  Prayers for a quick, healthy delivery and a perfect, healthy baby gladly accepted!

No comments: