I spent most of the rest of the day as horizontal as possible. The belly pressure was difficult to manage and my mucus plug issue was still messing with my head a bit. With Craig on the road, I didn't want to take any chances. He was on his way back, but it was a long trip even without the snow. He didn't think he'd make it back last night, so I went to bed and was surprised to wake up to the sound of activity just outside--he made it home at 3am after a stop at his office and some late-night shoveling to get in the driveway. It was nice to have him back, just in case.
This morning we woke up to over a foot of snow. The neighbor has been helping with our driveway, which is huge. I feel bad I can't do anything. It looks amazingly beautiful outside, but there is a lot of snow. Last night when I went to bed I noticed a small tree in our yard--usually probably about seven feet tall--was bent over and touching the ground!
|I have never seen it do anything like this, so I have no idea if it will be able to bounce back...|
|You can see the wires drooping on the right, and the swing set is impressively covered. Snow is piled up everywhere.|
Everything is covered to the point of being nearly unidentifiable. Of course, we got off easy. Connecticut and Massachusetts got 2-3 feet of snow. Yuck. I'm just happy that it has stopped and the roads are less daunting now, if nothing else.
Unfortunately, Craig is now back on the road, in Buffalo this time. There's a game there tonight and he'll be back sometime tomorrow. Then the roadtrips are over until the first weekend of March, and if this baby is still in my belly by then, I will be shocked...and Craig won't be going. But at this point I'm still nervous enough about not going into labor this weekend. I'm still very uncomfortable--lots of pressure every time I get up, too many mucus plug episodes (sorry, I should probably have a code word for those or something)--and I'm doing my best to stay on the couch and drink water. If I can get a couple things done here and there, great...but no sense pushing it when Craig isn't here. Jacob and I addressed his valentines this morning, and I really should do a load of laundry at some point and clean up a couple things. I also want to get to Babies 'R' Us this weekend for a diaper deal they have, but the thought of going out makes me nervous. I'm not sure how I feel about church tomorrow, but they're doing something special--they recreated Bethlehem in the gym--so I'd like to be able to make it at least one more week. I can't help but wonder how I'm going to manage work days if this keeps up, but I don't want to start disability early, and I still have so much I'd like to do.
Everything will feel a little less scary when Craig is back. Still, I can tell I'm absolutely petrified about going into labor. Even with knowing the baby would probably be fine at this point, I still feel a sense of panic and loss of control. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable with the amount of work I'd like to get done, but at least I feel considerably better about getting the baby stuff at home a little more settled. I worry about Jacob and making sure everything's covered. I worry about the pain and the exhaustion, and going through the same stressful post-birth stuff we dealt with with Jacob. Heck, I worry about everyone hating the name we've picked. I worry about not sleeping, forgetting how to take care of a baby, and making time for Jacob.
But I'm also excited. We have a new little person to meet. He seems awfully eager, so we'll just have to see how much longer we can make him wait...