Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Letters to Baby #14 - August 20, 2012


Dear Baby,
Here we are at 11 weeks, two days. We're getting ever closer to the end of the first trimester, and I couldn't be happier! I'm slowly but surely starting to feel better. Today was the first day where nausea wasn't a big deal, just a couple minutes here and there. I still don't feel normal, but so much better. I'm still very tired, however. I went to bed early the last couple nights, and nearly fell asleep on Jacob's floor when I was putting him to bed. I could have stayed in bed all morning over the weekend. We had a couple picnics to attend, and it was fun sharing our news with a few more family members, but thank goodness Daddy played with Jacob a lot because I was tired!

I was trying to think back if I was this tired last time, and I guess I was. At this point we were in Florida on vacation. Once we got down there I started to feel fine, but I do remember conking out pretty early at night. We'd go-go-go all day (nothing crazy, but full days for sure), and I must have gotten by on adrenaline because I don't remember feeling that tired during the day. But once we got back to where we were staying at night, it was all I could do to grab some dinner (if we hadn't already) and watch a little TV before conking out on the couch. Seems pretty similar these days! We had barely gotten to Bacie and Dziadziu's house on Saturday night and I had to get Jacob in bed right away. I could barely keep myself awake long enough to get my pajamas on and brush my teeth.

I've been pretty tired all along, so I'm really hoping it subsides a bit so I can get around to all of the things I haven't really done in the last month and a half—like clean the house, get in more than one workout a week, and not just collapse in my chair at the end of the day. It didn't quite happen tonight, but hopefully soon. I think it works better when I get to the gym right after work, but that's not always easy. I can definitely tell my stomach is getting a little bigger, but I don't know if it's you growing (you're a fig this week), not working out enough, or eating too much food. I need to eat every two or three hours or I get really hungry. It's a tough balance. I didn't gain any weight in my first trimester last time and I'd like to keep up the trend, but I'm not sure that's going to happen this time. I want to stay in good shape and be healthy, but right now it feels like an insurmountable hill to climb...at least until the tiredness lays off a bit.
In the meantime, at least I'm starting to feel better. Soon we can share the news with everyone, and then this is going to get fun. I can't wait!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: