Saturday, October 20, 2012

20 Weeks!

Today marks the official halfway point, 20 weeks!  And as promised, here's a belly shot....

As you can see, the belly is there but it's not fully rounded out yet.  But again, per my post yesterday, I don't really care about that so I don't mind wearing a tank top like this under a sweater.  I don't have a lot of options anyway, so this will have to do for now.

It's amazing to think we're halfway through this process, and it seems like the end is going to go awfully quickly!  But then again, the first half of this process has been a long one, so who knows?  When I think that all of this has been going on since June, it's pretty crazy.  There were three months of living in secrecy, and those seemed to take extra long, in particular since I was feeling so crappy for most of it.  But I know that once the secret was out last time, things seemed to go rather quickly, and I suppose that's happening again.  We have so much to do and Jacob takes up a lot of time that last time I would have used to get things done. Vacation and the holidays will take up a chunk of time, too, so these last 20 weeks are going to be very interesting to say the least.  We need to make decisions about the baby's room, Jacob's new room, our guest accommodations, and most importantly, DECIDE ON A NAME.  I'd rather do that sooner than later so we have plenty of time to make sure it's not just a passing fad.  I don't want to decide on a name last minute and suddenly get sick of it a couple months in.  I want plenty of time to get used to it, do numerous checks on its ability to be made fun of, and ensure that the name doesn't bother or embarrass me in any way.  For now he will be referred to as Riblet, an offshoot of Jacob's daycare nickname.  Cute, no?  :)

Anyway, I'm glad I finally psyched out the location to do my photo shoots, so hopefully I can continue to do them more often now.  I felt the need to figure out how to do it by myself with the self-timer, since I won't always be able to rely on Craig being home to do it.  Naptime always seems to be when I remember to do it, and he's often working at that time.  When I'm here alone it's easier to motivate myself, so hopefully that will be something I can accomplish more often.  Glad to get the first one out of the way.  Someday I'll be kicking myself for not documenting the early days more, but you gotta start somewhere.

Anyway...20 weeks...wow!

No comments: