Saturday, October 13, 2012

Letters to Baby #16 – September 12, 2012

Dear Baby,

Sorry it's been a while since I've written. We've been very busy with the end of summer and beginning of fall. Most notably, we've been busy sharing our big news with everyone! Last Wednesday I made Jacob a “Big Brother” shirt (I couldn't find one to buy!) and he wore it to daycare on Thursday to share the news with his friends and teachers there. Since it was the first week of school for most people, I took a “first day of school” type picture of him to post online and share the news with our friends. Everyone was really excited, of course, and I'm happy to have the news mostly out there. I'm sure there will be people that don't hear the news or miss it online and only figure it out as my belly gets bigger!

Speaking of which, it's getting bigger! It still looks like I've just put on a few pounds, but my clothes are getting tighter and my wardrobe is narrowing! As the weather gets cooler it should be easier to dress myself, as I have some good in between clothes. But when the weather's warm like today and tomorrow, I don't have many bottoms that work well! I have plenty of pants—fat pants, jeans, and later, a bunch of maternity pants—but all of my summer options are either too small or giant maternity size. My summer maternity stuff will be great in Florida in a couple months, though!

I haven't really felt any definite kicks, but at times it seems like you might be in there trying to make your presence known. I'm a little more uncomfortable already than I remember being before, and I'm pretty sure my belly's about a month ahead of what it was last time. I don't mind getting bigger earlier, as long as I don't get hugely bigger than I did overall last time. I'm just not a big person to carry it all around! But I'd like to get into the legit baby belly quicker, if I can. That's way more fun than looking chubby!

I'm feeling better, but still having moments where I don't feel well or feel a little nauseous. I'm tired, but some of my energy seems to be coming back. I hate that I still have a lot of moments where I don't feel good, but overall it's getting better.

I went to the doctor a couple days ago and heard your heartbeat. I even got to record it! It was so good hearing your heart beat strongly, and now that we're past the first trimester, it's really starting to sink in that this is going well and all indications are that you'll be joining us in less than six months! It's hard to believe!

Well, now that the news is out I don't need to keep this “secret” diary on the side, so this will be my last letter for now. Hopefully I can get on a regular schedule of writing you letters live on my blog, maybe once a month or so. If nothing else, maybe I'll wait a few more weeks until we find out if you're a boy or a girl, and then I'll at least know who I'm writing to! But farewell for now, and I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: