Sunday, February 15, 2009

Read the Post Before you View the Video...

Ok, this is probably wrong on so many levels, but I had to post this because it is really funny. Let me preface this by telling a couple stories. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Ross and Rachel have to keep singing "Baby Got Back" (aka "I like big butts and I cannot lie...") to their baby Emma because it's the only thing that stops her from crying and gets her to laugh instead? Well...seems we have our own version of that. Its success has varied since this video was taken, but Jacob still cracks a smile if he's in even a decent mood. So...the actual background story to the video is this: We were watching Survivor on Thursday and I was trying to feed Jacob some pureed carrots, hence his orange face. It was right near the end, as this girl was getting blindsided at tribal council. The girl happened to have a rather large chest, and I said something to that effect (different terminology as you'll see), and out of nowhere Jacob started cracking up. Of course, when your baby laughs, the parental tendency is to try to repeat it and keep your child as happy as possible. So, we did. A bunch. And thankfully my camera was right on the table so I could quickly grab it and capture this moment for posterity. No, it's not a glorious moment for Mommy and Daddy, that's for sure...so my apologies for that. But seriously...how funny is this?

1 comment:

Corrina said...

You know the way you were saying "big boobs" sounded a little like "peek-a-boo" really fast. You should try some peek-a-boo. John still loves it. He will cover his eyes and start yelling "mama" and I have to say "where's John" then he uncovers his eyes and I say "peek-a-boo" and he laughs like crazy. He could play that game forever.