Saturday, February 21, 2009

Great day!

We had a really great day today. I couldn't have really asked for anything more, actually. Here's the rundown...

Jacob slept through the night and woke up at 7:15. I fed him, we hung out for a bit, he took a little nap on me, and when he woke up I got him dressed. I put him in the Jumperoo so I could take my shower (Craig was out shoveling and had to go to work shortly thereafter). Another feeding, and then I got ready for the day. We played for a while and then it was lunchtime, so Jacob and I both ate lunch...and as usual (I can finally say that!) he did great with his peaches and cereal. At some point (might have been during lunch) he pooped, but it didn't escape the diaper...yes!! After lunch I could tell he was sleepy so we sat down and read a couple books and then I just rocked him in the chair in his room until he drifted off. I put him down for a nap, then took a nap myself. I decided to not worry about cleaning or anything else I should be doing around the house, and just take the nap I've been dying to take all week. It was AWESOME. I slept for about an hour. I think I dozed a bit after that, and Jacob made a little noise but fell back to sleep at some point. Lori called me around 4ish to make plans for the evening. After that conversation, I got up and did some quick cleaning that I had been meaning to do for a while. Jacob kept sleeping, and when I finally went in to get him around 4:30 (he took a nearly 3-hour nap, I think!), he was awake and happy. I fed him, packed up the diaper bag, and headed out for dinner and shopping with Lori. He was a really good boy at dinner. He sat in the high chair, ate his carrots and cereal, and sat patiently while we ate. He played with some toys, looked around the restaurant, and eventually started grabbing at my food, glass, and napkin. We shopped a bit at Target (at which point he fell asleep for a while--it was little awkward since we were trying out sitting in the shopping cart for the first time, so Lori and I took turns carrying him), and then we headed over to the new Buy Buy Baby store, which is like Babies 'R' Us but owned by Bed Bath & Beyond. Seriously...you walk into the store and it could be BB&B, except that everything on the shelves is baby-related. The shelving, setup and the signage is all identical. Prices are competitive, as far as I could tell. And honestly, their selection might even be better with a lot of stuff. Very interesting trip. Jacob was perfect until the very end of the evening when we got back in the car to head home. I spent the whole trip singing him songs to calm him down, which sort of worked until the end. Once we got home he calmed down, I got him in his PJs, fed him, and gave him his nebulizer treatment, during which he fell asleep...so putting him to bed was easy as pie tonight. Whew. But seriously, it was as good of a day as we've had. He was smiley and happy most of the day, and we had a great time. I definitely needed a day like this, since all of the rough nights and general sleeping problems had me a little frustrated this week. But today was awesome...

No comments: