Saturday, May 17, 2008

A New Body Issue

I used to think that at this point in my pregnancy I'd be obsessing over how big my belly is. And, to some degree, I am. It's really getting big and it's very round. Luckily I still haven't really expanded anywhere else, but I've been thinking it's starting to look like I stapped on a fake belly or something. Last night I decided to do some clothes shopping, since warm weather is surely around the corner and I don't have much. I had a 30% off coupon at Kohl's and hadn't been to Target in a while, and with Craig on the road I figured it was a good time to go.

As I shopped, I discovered something that is giving me trouble when it comes to a lot of maternity tops--I'm carrying too high. I never would have thought that would be a bad thing--after all, when you see a pregnant woman whose belly is hanging low and looks extra heavy, don't you usually feel bad for them? Well, I'm about as high as one can get, and it seems to keep the cute, compact pregnant look going. However, a lot of maternity tops have a band (empire waist) that theoretically fits between the chest and the bump. Well, I don't have much space, if any, between those two areas, so things don't lay right. I think I had noticed that before but it didn't really click as to why that was happening. It was just an odd little discovery. That said, I had just as many shirts that looked funny because my belly sticks out so far and they hang off of it weird...but I did get a couple things and hopefully I'm almost equipped for the summer. A couple more bottoms would be great, but I have issues with things that cover my belly, and it's tough to find things cheap that have under-the-belly waists. Oh well.

Hopefully today I will finally tackle the mess that is the baby's room right now. Lots of sorting and organizing to do, but I still need to figure out the best way to do it without sending it into further chaos. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: