Friday, May 9, 2008

I am beat!

Well, as I mentioned in my post yesterday, it's been a pretty hectic 2-1/2 weeks since I cracked up my car. This weekend will continue the craziness since we've got some Mother's Day visiting to do. We do have a bit of a reprieve tonight and tomorrow morning, however, and it is desperately needed. We almost had to get on the road immediately after work today, but between my work schedule, some back-and-forth on what we were actually doing (meaning, I hadn't packed yet and would have had to do it quickly before we left), and trying to get my work baby shower gifts packed up and home, it just made more sense not to push it and to stay here tonight. Whew. And thank goodness, because this afternoon I was downright exhausted and not sure I could survive a long drive or the theater production we could have gone to (no matter how funny). I'll be lucky if I can stay awake long enough for my baby shower lunch to digest (6 hours and counting...). I do have some minor running around to do tonight, but that shouldn't be too bad. It will keep me awake until bedtime, if nothing else.

My baby shower at work was really nice. My bosses did a great job. I hope to have pictures to post at some point, but right now they're on my one boss's camera. There was a good turnout and a LOT of food. I have a bunch of it sitting in my refrigerator as I type. Despite being full, I kept going back to fill up on fruit--pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, raspberries, grapes--because if that stuff is there, I'll eat it. Thank goodness fruit has been one of the closest things I've had to a craving during this pregnancy. We got more stuff, but thankfully a manageable amount. It was more of the same stuff, though it was nice to get our second car seat base, because that was one thing we would have had to buy no matter what. But my co-workers were good to me, which was nice, because sometimes I don't have a lot of interaction with them...either because they don't need my research services or because I'm on a completely different side of the office than the rest of them. On the bright side, I suppose that decreases the possibility of them having a reason to not like me, right? :) But it was really nice...I'm really appreciative of everything.

But honestly, I'm glad the run of showers is over. The bad news is that there's still a lot out there that we have to buy--furniture, crib mattress, Diaper Champ, changing pad, diaper bag, and lots of little stuff. My next task is to go through everything, figure out what we have, what we don't, what needs to be exchanged, and how we can go about buying what we still need in the most cost efficient manner. Then I can figure out what stays in the baby's room and what will have to be stored elsewhere, either because it belongs somewhere else or because the baby won't need it yet. Quite the task, but I think things will become clearer once I get into it all.

In case I don't get to blog this weekend, Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers...and also to the mothers-to-be (even if I don't feel worthy of celebration quite yet!)!

No comments: