Thursday, December 1, 2011

On my way...

I'm sitting in O'Hare after a perfect first flight, utilizing my 20 free minutes of WiFi before my next flight, which boards in another 15 minutes or so.  It's been a long morning already, up at 3:15am and to the airport at 4:30am.  Security was easy and I had some time to hang out with the old Midtown Plaza Clock of Nations, which I used to walk past every day on my way to work, that is now sitting in the airport.  It was fun to have time to sit and watch it as it came to life on the hour.  I got online for a bit, and then it was time to board.  The flight was smooth, with my own single seat and window, and a gorgeous sunrise following us all the way here.  The descent into Chicago was exactly as I'd hoped when I'd picked the left side of the plane--I finally got a nice view of Chicago after so many flights here on the other side without the city view.

It was hard saying goodbye to Jacob this morning while he slept, not to mention last night while he was still awake.  It's hard to take this time away, but I feel it will be worth it.  More on that later.

Time to board...

No comments: