Thursday, January 7, 2010

What a week...

Well, it's been a pretty crazy week. Let's just say that 2010 has been a little more frustrating so far than we'd like. It all started, of course, with Jacob's virus, which Craig then caught. I haven't felt great all week, culminating in me finally getting something last night. I didn't have it as bad as the boys, but I think I got pretty emptied out even without the vomiting. I'm home today getting rehydrated and hoping that my attempts and eating and drinking don't cause me to regress. I got through the night fine despite many little sips of water, so I'm hopeful that somehow my body will fight off the worst of it. Maybe it mutated by the time it got to me, or maybe I have something totally different. Either way, I hope I can't pass it back to the boys. We've had enough issues around here!

Jacob seems to be doing better. He had his first day at daycare yesterday. He still has a terrible cough and a runny nose, and going into yesterday I wasn't sure how his pooping would go, but he made it through the day ok. He even (finally) started eating again. He didn't poop, which could mean he'll have a doozy for them today. When I dropped him off, he did pretty well. He liked a picture of a dog on the wall and gladly went with one of the teachers when she offered to get him some milk. However, once I slipped out and he saw me leaving through the window, he started crying. But apparently he recovered and enjoying playing with the many balls in the room during the day. When I picked him up he was happy to see me, and he even ate his dinner relatively well. And considering I wasn't feeling great, that was a godsend!

This morning he cried again when Craig left, but I'm sure he'll get into a groove soon. It's got to be strange to be dealing with new kids and teachers after spending so much time with the same people at his old daycare. I have a feeling it's a bit of a novelty right now, having new toys and new experiences to keep him occupied. And perhaps there will be a period of time where he's unhappy because he's realizing this is how it's going to be from now on and he won't be seeing his old friends anymore. But I assume he'd transition into things quickly after that, getting into a groove and settling in. Let's hope, anyway. Yesterday went well, and that's something to start with.

In the middle of all of this we've been having more house craziness. We need to do an inspection on the new house this week as part of the offer we made, which stinks because the chances of us getting the house aren't particularly great right now. We still need to sell ours, which is looking less and less likely as time goes by. The realtor suggested we drop the price significantly, and we weren't too excited about that. We wish he would have expressed his concern before we put in an offer on the new house and got ourselves financially tied in there. However, we got them to do an open house and put us on their TV show next Sunday, so hopefully that will help. We really hate to lower the price and probably wouldn't go as low as they want us to, but if an open house gets us some renewed interest, that would be nice. We need to sell this one by the end of the month before our offer on the other house expires, but if we don't we'd probably take ours off the market and try again in the spring. It'd be a shame to lose the other house, but if it's not meant to be, there isn't much we can do about it. We'd rather not lose a ton of money getting rid of this one, so if the market will be better in a few months, I'd gladly try again then. The house we want is having an open house this weekend (planned before we put our offer in) so that could be a little scary because anyone could put in a better, non-contingent offer and we'd be done. The realtor joked that we should go and tell people it's our house :) We'll see. But the more I look at Jacob's toys and the bins of past and future clothes and other random baby equipment sitting in our basement, the more I want that house and its gigantic crawl space!

Well, off to shower and try to feel a little more human. So far my morning toast seems to be settling ok, so hopefully my energy will come back soon and I can actually be productive on my day off...without overdoing it, of course!

No comments: