Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday Randoms

- I forgot to post this picture the other day with the Thanksgiving photos because it was on a different computer.  It's a family shot with our friend, the Champions Cup!  

- Today is my first of four days off.  I had to use vacation time since I didn't use it for Florida.  I worked yesterday to get some usual Monday stuff out of the way, but am off the rest of the week.  I have a list a mile long of random stuff to take care of and shop for, and I'm already trying to check things off.  I got my glucose test done this morning, which was nice to get out of the way without having to worry about work or Jacob.  I came home and did some carpet cleaning.  I know it's probably not an ideal activity for a woman who's six months pregnant, but I did my best to take it easy.  I just did a couple high traffic areas that needed to be done.  Today was perfect, too, because not only am I alone in the house, but it is 65 degrees outside (!) and it's nice to be able to have the windows open, the breeze blowing in, and the ceiling fans keeping air circulating, in hopes that the carpet will be dry by this evening when the boys get home.  I have a couple other must-dos today, like changing some light bulbs outside, and then tomorrow Jacob and I are going to go to Strong Museum for the day.  I've been promising to take him for months, and it seems perfect to go when everyone else is in school.  I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, which is Craig's 40th birthday, and I'm planning on doing some shopping on Friday.  I have a ton of little things to do in between, from organizing Jacob's overflowing artwork, to filing a ton of paperwork, to going through the stuff in my car that's still in the same tote I threw it in immediately after the accident.  I want to check a couple more stores for big boy furniture for Jacob, and pick up a few more Christmas presents.  It's going to be a busy week, but hopefully it will be a much needed mental health improvement.

- I'm rapidly approaching 27 weeks, and still feeling pretty good.  My belly is pretty formidable these days.  It's definitely rounded out and it's pretty solid.  My belly button is becoming shallower (it never popped last time, in case you were wondering), and the skin has been a little itchy the last couple days, which probably means it's all stretching.  Cocoa butter, you better do your thing!  Looking back at posts from the last time around, things seem to be pretty much status quo.  My energy comes and goes, but if I give myself time to take breaks, things seem to go pretty smoothly.  The baby is moving and kicking quite a bit these days.  He, like his brother, favors the right side of my belly and is frequently sticking a head or a butt in that area and driving me a little nuts when it's low enough to hit my waistband, which is just uncomfortable.  It's nice to know he's in there and moving.  Craig can feel the movements pretty easily now, but Jacob is not very patient so I'm not sure if he's managed to feel much yet.  I'm just trying to enjoy as much of this as I can, since I know how quickly it's going!

- Craig's office is apparently going to throw us a small shower in January.  That means that I need to start thinking about doing some sort of registry.  There isn't a lot that we need, though there are a few things I'd like to refresh or replace, like our monitor.  We can always use diapers, I suppose, and this baby will need some warm winter clothes because Jacob's 0-3 month clothes are mostly onesies, given that our house was perpetually in the 80-90 degree range for most of the first couple months of his life.  So...I have to start thinking about that. 

Well, it looks like the weather is starting to take a turn for the worse and I need to get those outside light bulbs changed before that happens.  Off I go to work on that to do list...

No comments: