Saturday, January 17, 2009


So get this...tonight I went to look for Jacob's tooth on the side of his mouth, and it wasn't there! Now, seriously, I know there was something there for a good couple weeks. I looked at it often, felt it, and know that it was there. I thought it was odd that he'd be getting a tooth there already, but it made sense based on chewing on his hands on the side of his mouth, and getting those teeth early does happen. I couldn't absolutely confirm that it was a tooth because I could never get a great look at it, but it was a little white dot about the size of the head of a pin, and it felt hard...what else could it be? It's not like he ate a potato chip and a piece got lodged in his gums. Maybe it was something from a toy he chewed? But to be there for a couple weeks and then disappear? So strange. I can't help but wonder if it had something to do with his freakout this week. Considering it had been there long before, I don't think it necessarily caused it, since he'd probably have been freaking out when (if) it got lodged in there at some point around Christmas. But maybe if it got dislodged it gave him some discomfort. Maybe it was akin to a bone chip in his gums that just formed there and was migrating out. Some babies are born with teeth that fall out shortly after birth, so maybe that was just wasn't a full tooth and it took a while to make an appearance. I am so perplexed.

In any event, Jacob had another good night last night. I slept until about 6:45, I think. So nice. Then later on we took another nap before officially getting up for the day around 10. I'm still sleepy tonight, but it was great to get some rest and not worry about getting up for work. Church tomorrow, though. His mood was great today...lots of smiles and very little fussing other than when I tried to get him to take a nap. He seemed sleepy but then fought it off when I tried putting him down. He's still got his cough and he's still a little hoarse at times. Only one nebulizer run today, so that was an improvement. His nose runs like a faucet and he hates getting it wiped, so that tends to get frustrating, especially if he's been sleeping and it's all caked up around his nostrils. Yuck. You'd think the comfort of a clean nose would outweigh the trauma of getting it wiped, but apparently not. Anyway, it was a good day and I even managed to take down most of the Christmas tree in between playing with him and when Lori came over to hang out with her godson. We had a nice afternoon/dinner/evening, and now he's down for the night (I hope). I'm off to finish up the tree and head to bed. Stay warm!

No comments: