Sunday, September 7, 2014

Spoke too soon...

So...there goes Jacob's nice, uninterrupted start to the school year.  He was off all day today, and by 8pm, we figured out why.  Looks like some sort of stomach ailment has taken him down.  

This morning he seemed fine, even in a good mood.  He did well in his new Sunday School class and all seemed fine.  Then I suggested we stop at Aldi's to pick up some gluten-free stuff we usually get there.  He resisted.  He had a major meltdown in the store, freaking out and crying, even though we were only there a few minutes.  We rushed through and he still seemed a little off when we got home, but he seemed to recover.  

But as the day went on, he turned into a bit of a lump on the couch.  He seemed to have a fever and complained that his stomach hurt.  I'm still not sure if there's a chance it's a gluten exposure, as this is sort of how he was last time, but when he got sick, that went beyond last time.  He's also had the sniffles since yesterday and added a cough in after that, so that sounds more like a virus to me.

Now we're just waiting to see if any of the rest of us get it.  Carter's always in his space, and lately I've spent a lot of time with him.  Heck, I ate his pizza crust yesterday.  I'd prefer to get it out of the way ASAP so it doesn't interfere with my weekend fun...or, rather, avoid it altogether.  I hate the limbo and hate seeing my kid sick.  He took it like a champ, though, and only got sick once.  He kept a few sips of water down, too, so fingers crossed it's short-lived and we don't get a wake-up call tonight.

But, he'll be staying home tomorrow.  So much for his perfect adjustment period and not missing any bonding time.  Ugh. Wish us luck...

No comments: