Friday, August 13, 2010

Gotta love peer pressure...

This morning I noticed on Jacob's daycare sheet from yesterday that they had circled "potty" in the spot where they note diaper changes. I took that to mean they actually sat him on the potty each time they changed him, which they've done sporadically before. It didn't note successes or failures, and in the midst of the morning routine, it went out of my head as quickly as it came in. When I got him to daycare this morning, I was informed that he actually went! One time was a trickle, but the other time was a legitimate pee! I don't know if it was the timing or peer pressure or what, but I'm glad to hear it. The tough thing is whether he gets a prize for that, since I wasn't actually there to witness it. Hmmm.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about his field trip, apparently it went fine. He was a good boy and loved the bus ride. I couldn't get much out of him except that the water was "cold", which he says all the time, even about our pool which got very warm before the green set in. It's still greenish, by the way, but I think we may have it back within our control. It's been more turquoise than green for the past week, but something's still a little off and it was looking greener again yesterday. Craig shocked it twice and is starting a renewed effort to keep it more chlorinated, since our levels have been showing up low lately. We won't really have time to swim in it this weekend anyway (ugh) but hopefully we'll get a few more good weeks out of it.

But anyway, the water was cold, the bus was neat, he had fun, and I found out after the fact that he was a good boy. Whew. It's still a little odd having a kid who isn't quite verbal enough to describe in vivid detail how the field trip was. Craig is planning on going on next week's trip to the park, so that should be interesting.

Off now for another busy weekend...it never seems to end this time of year, though summer's end is rapidly approaching. Only a three-day week for me next week as we're finally getting to vacation. Pittsburgh is our only firm plan right now, but I know we will fill the time quickly. I can't wait for the break!

No comments: