Monday, October 14, 2013

Video Roundup...and More...

I've been doing pretty good at keeping my videos uploaded to YouTube in a timely manner (all things considered), and there are a few I need to share...from the past couple months...

Here's one from Labor Day weekend of Carter giggling with Craig...


And here is why I've been so fascinated by jellyfish lately, as seen at The Seas in EPCOT.  It's just so entrancing...


And here is a video I got of Carter on our last night in Florida when he was in a super giggly mood...

Oh, that laugh...it gets me every time! 

And finally, here's one showing Carter trying to pull up, per my post the other day...


He's getting so close to crawling, but he's able to move around pretty good right now as it is.  I really need to start utilizing the pack-n-play as a playpen very soon because too many of Jacob's little toys are all over the living room and serving as very good motivation to move!  I lowered his crib mattress tonight, since I think he will be able to pull up on the rails very soon and I don't want to risk him falling out.  I hate lowering it because it makes it considerably harder to put a sleeping baby in without jostling him, but obviously safety comes first!  I can't believe how big he's getting! 

In other news...I have once again returned to the ranks of those with "Mom Hair".  I obsessed over this greatly back when Jacob was born, but as with most second kids, the obsession dies down a bit.  I think I started growing my hair out, somewhat accidentally, three years ago.  I don't have a ton of pictures of myself, so I have to sort of guess, but it appears that I let it get a little longer in the fall of 2010, and it continued on from there.  It was a combination of laziness and not wanting to spend the money so often, and then I think it morphed into, "Well, I haven't done this style in a while, and maybe it looks a little more fun and young."  Then I added bangs into the mix, and I guess that just opened the door even more to something different.  I swore after my wedding that my hair would never be long again, but 10 years later it was.  The problem is that Carter had an uncanny ability (from the day he was born) to grab fistfuls of it, and then compounded with the usual hormone-induced postpartum hair loss, the long hair was a major pain in the neck.  I'm still shedding a ton, which I worry is more stress now than anything.  It got to the point where it just sort of hung there, and it's rare for me to do anything with it, so what was the point?  While I think it looked better than it did when I was younger (hormones?), I was pretty much bored with it and ready for a change.  It took a couple weeks for schedules to work out where I could duck out for 45 minutes to get it done, but I did yesterday.  I'm pretty sure about six inches came off.  It went from somewhere between my neck and my bra strap to about an inch above my shoulders.  I'm not sure I love it yet because I can't decide if it's too much in the middle (not shoulder-length long-ish, not short enough to be spunky).  I've gotten "cute" as an adjective so far (well, and "bad" from Jacob...thanks, kid), which isn't really what I'm going for, but maybe once I have it for a bit I can refine it a little easier.  It's definitely a big change, but I think it was needed.  I was mostly just relieved that Carter still knew exactly who I was!  I'll post a picture one of these days...

We had a good weekend.  Jacob went up to Canada with Craig for a lacrosse game on Saturday, which left Carter and me at home to be productive.  We did lots of errand running and he was an angel as always.  Sunday I got my haircut right after lunch, and then we all went out for a nature walk that Jacob had to do for homework.  We had to pick up leaves and whatever else for him to take into school.  We walked over to the elementary school around the corner (Jacob will go there starting in third grade), and the boys played some basketball and lacrosse.  It started to sprinkle as we were making our way back home, but it was nice to do something fall-ish.  After a good dinner, I took the boys out to Target (in full-fledged rain) to look at Halloween costumes.  We got part of Jacob's costume, and it confirmed that I needed to order Carter's costume online, which I did tonight.

Jacob's behavior in general was difficult as always, but we did manage some pleasant breaks in the insanity.  He actually did really well at daycare on Friday and today, as well.  Back to school tomorrow.  Just another 10 days before his test and hopefully the start of getting him back on track via diet.  We meet with his therapist on Thursday without him, and hopefully she'll have some insights, as well.  And yes, the next 10 days will be a continuing tour de gluten as I try to clear out my pantry and say goodbye to various meals and restaurants we've come to love.  I'm still not sure what we'll be eating once we go gluten-free, but I really just need to sit down and start making lists.  But that is a task for another day...

Lots going on...more soon!

No comments: