Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Fun

Aside from a handful of really horrific defiant moments, we had a nice weekend.  Jacob doesn't seem to get that listening to us helps avoid yelling and punishments.  But when he's not being defiant, he can be a pretty cool kid.

Craig had to run out to practice on Friday night, and I spent some time stringing up more Easter eggs for our front tree.  I did some last weekend and decided we needed more.  Gotta love the dollar store.  Jacob took a liking to the eggs, and ended up like this: 

Saturday we eagerly awaited the arrival of my parents for the day's afternoon Knighthawks' game.  Yes, another missed nap.  Ugh.  The game was pretty good--a loss, but a good effort--and Jacob took his usual 20-minute nap during the second quarter.  After the game we headed out for a quick geocache with my parents in the nearby park.  We took a little stroll back into the woods, and with a little guidance, Jacob found it! 

He got to pick out a toy, and then we headed out to the playground nearby.  The clouds began to clear right about then, and the sun came out to give us a really pleasant late afternoon.  Jacob had a blast on the playground.  He's definitely more confident than last year, probably thanks to being old enough for the big equipment at daycare now.  He did the big slide by himself and "rock climbed" no problem...

He also had fun underneath the equipment pretending...
I don't remember what exactly he was doing, but he did like talking to people through the wall!
Back at the house he showed off the "Knighthawks arena" that he and Craig had built out of Legos.  Here's the press box...
Craig is on the right.  He and his color guy both have beverages and Craig is holding a newspaper.  On the left is a camera.  Up top there's a PA announcement speaker. 
Here's the rear view...
The guys are on their little seats and the girl is the camera operator.  You can just see the arched window architectural details on each side.
And here's the overview.  The press box is at the top of the picture.  I didn't get the best angle, because there was a net on the turf and glass all along the back wall.  A lot of what's along the edges is Jacob's doing.  He's more into just adding pieces than understanding aesthetic value.  He'll learn, I have no doubt!

Sunday ended up being a super lazy day, as Jacob wasn't feeling well early on, I was exhausted, and it was rainy out.  Craig went out to watch a lacrosse game with a friend, and I even managed a short nap.  Jacob and I ventured out to the grocery store, and other than that, it was a pretty low key day. 

Mondays are always hard, but this one was made a little better by a good workout tonight and the knowledge that I only have to survive four days of work this week before some quality time with my parents and the rest of my family for a couple days, and time with Craig's family on Sunday.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Easter weekend is one of my favorite times of year, so I can't help but be excited.  The week should go very quickly as I have a lot to do and very few evenings to do it (and tons of work at work, and not enough hours in the day there either).  Should be fun...

No comments: