Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Randoms

Not much to report these days.  We're all just sort of plugging away, I guess.  It took some adjusting getting back to regular life after our mini-vacation.  Craig was gone on a two-game roadtrip over the weekend, and Jacob and I just stuck close to home.  Even once Craig came home we didn't do much.  It felt like a failure of a weekend since we didn't have any set plans but didn't cross anything off our summer "bucket list".  Our time at home on weekends is rare, yet we didn't take advantage.  I did manage a nap of my own this weekend, which almost never happens.  Turns out I must have needed it--I came down with a nasty cold overnight into this morning.  It's pretty miserable, actually.

We're dealing with a couple Jacob issues this week.  First, as I mentioned in my last post, we've been battling him when it comes to wearing multiple layers in this 90+ degree weather.  I'm afraid he's going to give himself heat stroke or something, but he insists.  We keep his outside playtime short, of course, but it just leaves us shaking our heads.  He was also insisting upon wearing pants with belt loops (meaning, nicer pants than he should wear for playing baseball) because baseball guys wear belts.  Oy.

He's also been staying up really late.  I think tonight was the first time he went to sleep before 9:30 in days.  Lately he's been staying up for no apparent reason--trips to the potty, "meetings" with his animals, singing, you name it.  Tonight he kicked me on purpose after I told him not to, and per my warning, I took away some of his animals.  He freaked out.  However, whether he got the message or tired himself out, it didn't matter because he fell asleep on time.  Thank goodness.

We're a little concerned because he's been having some coughing fits lately at night, and he's been peeing a lot more than usual.  He also poops a LOT, but that's been going on for a while now, longer than the frequent peeing.  One of these days we'll probably have to get him into the doctor.  He's got his cardiologist appointment in two weeks, as well, so it feels like he's got enough scrutiny coming up.  We'll see.  Everything seems to go in phases but it's always tough to tell if it's something he's consciously doing or if it's actually a problem. 

On the bright side, I have managed to use my iPod as a bribe for him to get ready for bed on time.  He gets to play a few minutes of games if he's a good boy and gets ready for bed quickly enough.  Video games are probably as bad as food to use as a bribe, but I'm limiting it, so for now I'm not going to worry about it. 

Still working on the babymaking.  Hormonal fluctuations suck.  That's really all I'm going to say about that. 

Anyway, tonight's workout kicked my butt thanks to this cold, so it looks like an early night for me.  Let's hope I have something more fun to discuss soon...

No comments: