Monday, August 15, 2011

Randoms of the Day...

Nothing major to report on currently...just hoping to get through this week and enjoy some great family time this weekend when the Portland contingent comes in.  Can't wait.  In the meantime...
Here's a picture of Jacob when he fell asleep for the last visitation for my grandma...such an angel. 
If only they knew...
Here's Jacob and a couple of his (second?) cousins at the top of the "stairs to nowhere" at the banquet hall that hosted the funeral luncheon...ironically the same place where we had our wedding reception (different room, thankfully).  I hadn't been in that building since, and it was funny to walk in eight years later and reminisce.  I realized that I finally got to see the bathroom, which I never used on my wedding day...as I never had to pee from the time I put on my wedding dress until I took it off.  I have no idea how, as I felt well-hydrated the entire day.  Crazy.

And here's Jacob checking out the little fountain below the stairs.  Perhaps he thought it was like the one at the Philadelphia Zoo.  No wet clothes this time around, though!

And this really has nothing to do with Jacob, but this blog is about me as much as him, I suppose...so here's a picture I took of the flower I picked from the arrangement on top of the casket at the cemetery.  It may not dry as well as a rose or a carnation, but I will always have this lovely picture to remember that flower by.  I just love how it came out.

Finally, here's one from Craig's phone on the beach in Atlantic City.  Jacob really wanted to play beach lacrosse, but I ended up vetoing it after balls got thrown a little to far for my liking (both for others' safety's sake and for my lack of desire to chase it down every 15 seconds on burning hot sand).
And no, I have no idea how Jacob is standing there on burning hot sand.
Other than that, not much to report.  Jacob seemed to make up for our crazy week by napping fantastically this weekend...three hours Saturday and a solid 2-1/2 yesterday.  I enjoyed every minute of it, doing yard work and taking a cleansing dip in the pool on Saturday (and if I would have known he'd go that long, I would have vacuumed the pool, too), and finally catching up on the royal wedding (3-1/2 months late) on the DVR yesterday while uploading pictures to Facebook.  It was funny to have a weekend day where we had to be inside, courtesy of the crazy thunderstorms that came through this weekend.  We had another one Saturday that trapped us inside Wegmans a bit, but in the end Jacob enjoyed running through the rain to the car...more than I did, I'm sure.

If you want to see the full batch of pictures from our trip, click here and here.

Otherwise, we're working on getting back to normal.  Jacob is pretty much back to where he was pre-vacation with potty training.  He wears big boy undies to daycare, usually makes it home dry, but seems to have a penchant for dribbling a bit.  The plastic pants make that not an issue, but I don't know if he's dribbling because his body isn't ready yet or if he just doesn't get it.  But it's manageable, if only because he's pooping in the potty 99% of the time. 

The good news is that this week and next week are four-day weeks.  Once we're past that, we'll be nearly at the end of the month, my birthday and labor day will come and go, and suddenly it'll be the end of summer.  How is that possible?  Insane.  Until that happens, I'm going to go work on making work days speed by but evenings and weekends go nice and slow.  Wish me luck...

No comments: