Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quick Update

I really wanted to do a real post tonight, but between grocery shopping, a late dinner, lots of unpacking, cleaning up, laundry, and other random web surfing that distracted me, it's not happening.  I'm exhausted and can't wait to get to bed.  We ended up staying at my parents' an extra night because Craig had to go to a lacrosse game in Canada and staying over was the best way to do it.  We got up at 6am and drove back to Rochester bright and early.  Needless to say, it's been a long day.  And add that on to a busy end of last week (working through my office picnic, working an unplanned half day Friday, driving to Buffalo after lunch), a busy weekend (which I will report on soon), and generally iffy sleeping (late nights, air mattress discomfort, lots of Jacob wakeups), and it's amazing I'm still awake right now!

Still, we had a lovely time and it was great seeing John, Kristin and Kate.  Kate is beyond adorable, and I have the pictures to prove it!  The kids probably didn't interact as much as they seemed to last time, but they didn't fight or anything either, so all in all I think it was a success.  I'll have the full rundown soon.

For the record, I did not feel the earthquake today.  Neither did Craig.  Apparently the whole other half of my office did, but there's something funny about my side apparently, as the only two people on my side did not feel it.  I was nicely caffeinated today in hopes I'd stay awake and get my work done effectively.  It seemed to work.  Still three more days to go...but you know, I really need to stop doing that because summer is just fading away.  My birthday is in a week, and that's never a good sign for anything except a day off.  Fall is far too close.  Craig is on the road this weekend and I have yet to decide if Jacob and I are staying here or heading out to Craig's family picnic.  I feel like we've done nothing but travel, but I don't like missing family events I physically can make.  We'll see how the rest of the week goes.  We all need sleep.  First things first...and speaking of which, I can hardly keep my eyes open.  Good night...

No comments: