Wednesday was a big day because Carter finally finished up school! For a while it felt like it would never end! But it did, and this kid was pretty thrilled about it:
I'm still sad he missed out on time with his teacher, but I'm glad he seems to be right on target, in her estimation. It'll be nice to not have the daily school battles, but the screen time battle might be worse and we are still going to be forcing some reading and one other school-ish activity (maybe just on weekdays?) to earn screen time. With whatever he may have missed out on this spring, I want to make sure he's not suffering from the summer slide heading into fall. We have no idea what the fall might look like, so it never hurts to be prepared, right?
Wednesday night I was eager to get out and about on a beautiful night, and decided to take the canal path as far west as I could within my 10ish mile round trip distance. I made it to the main drag of the town of Spencerport just beyond the five mile mark! The bridge on their main drag is under some major construction...
![]() |
| It's just sort of hanging over the canal! |
![]() |
| I love the little canal tugboats like you see in the background! |
![]() |
| This was back at the entrance to the park I ride through on the way back home. It was so peaceful. |
On Thursday evening, Jacob had gym time for basketball (he's back to no team, which stinks). I was determined to get to the Maplewood Rose Garden this week. Carter would not stay away from screens, so I dragged him out with me! We visited the garden when Jacob was a newly minted one-year-old, and somehow I never posted it! Look at how tiny he was!
![]() |
| This is one of my favorite pictures I have ever taken. |
![]() |
| This is the Lower Falls on the Genesee River. The Driving Park Bridge near the park has a lovely view. The Kodak building downtown is in the background. |
![]() |
| Managed to get a smirk out of him! |
As part of his "patience", I promised to find a playground for him. I also got us Taco Bell Freezes on the way there, so trust me, he made out well. The playground was in the same park but a totally different section that we had to drive to. It was a city playground so it probably wasn't the best kept, but considering playgrounds have been off-limits for months, I think he was excited to be at one. And as usual he tried to engage all the kids there in a game of chase. He cracks me up. He tried to figure out how to climb this, and also was eager to do the monkey bars, which seem to be his favorite at school.
It was a nice little bright spot in the week for me. Other than that, we've been gearing up for a couple important days--Jacob's birthday tomorrow and Father's Day on Sunday! Hard to believe our first baby is going to be 12!


















No comments:
Post a Comment