Sunday afternoon we also went to get our pumpkins. Nothing like the last minute, eh? We didn't get them at the pumpkin patch when we went because it was busy and we were in a bit of a rush. But I always know that a place near us is essentially an indoor pumpkin patch and works well on those cold, rainy weekend days. Jacob had practice that afternoon so he and Craig just came for a bit to put in input on a pumpkin shape and, apparently, take a picture like this.
Carter pretty quickly picked out his pumpkin, and I love the look he has on his face here. He wasn't being grumpy, I promise, but the look cracks me up!
See, happy face two seconds later!
He also wanted to do lots of the face cutouts...
Jacob (and his slushie) got in on the action, too...
After that, Craig and Jacob left, and Carter and I stuck around to do a few more things and make our pumpkin (and apple) purchases. Isn't he the cutest Frankenstein ever?
I let Carter pick two rides to go on, knowing how much he loves them...
| The gun was just f or looks, and the ride itself controlled any raising or lowering...but he loved it anyway. |
Carter was cute as we walked around, getting himself "stuck" among the pumpkins and trying to find his way out. Silly boy.
He was trying to lift them, too, of course...
We picked out a couple pumpkins and among my other kitchen exploits on Sunday I managed to dig out all of the seeds and get the little one carved. Jacob did scoop out part of the smaller one, but he tired of that pretty quickly. Carter wanted a scary face in his pumpkin and that was easy enough to figure out. But Jacob said he wanted a "KISS" pumpkin (as in, the band) so he wanted a star over one eye like one of the band members. He wasn't picky beyond that, but I could not think up a face that looked like anything but a bunch of random shapes, so the big one didn't get carved until I got home on Monday. By then I had decided to do a classic pumpkin face (triangles and a happy mouth with teeth) and just replace one eye with a star.
I should back up to Friday afternoon. Craig ended up taking the Knighthawks mascot to Jacob's school (lucky kid, huh?), which was quite a turn of events in comparison to the canceled Halloween at his school last year. They didn't have anything but "fall fun" events last year, so as not to exclude those who did not celebrate, which was a major bummer. This year he's moved up to the grades 3-5 school and all was well, though I can't help but wonder if his old school did anything this year and what will happen when the driving force moves up to third grade. I decided at the last minute to pick up Carter at daycare around 2:30 to bring him back to my office for trick-or-treating. We did that last year and it was fun, and since I wasn't that busy, I decided we could do it again. We wandered through the building with other co-workers' kids, and Carter got a pretty significant haul. He wouldn't have even needed to go out at night and he'd still be eating candy for months.
But, given the fact we spend money on these costumes, I prefer they use them as much as possible, so trick-or-treating it was. Sort of. But first, pictures...
| My little Spider-man |
But when I asked them this morning, it appears both of the kids had fun, and I guess that's all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment