![]() |
| Landing in Calgary |
![]() |
| Big kid in his Knighthawk-colored tie, following the player dress code, it seems! |
The highlight of his trip was apparently going to the team store. Typical for him, I suppose, but I guess if I got to be in an entire store of merchandise for my favorite team for the first time, that would be pretty cool. He came home with a shirt, last year's draft hat, and the fancy mini-stick he'd been eyeing up. I'm sure he could have bought up the whole store and still wanted more, but I'm sure it was fun for him.
Being in the arena was pretty cool, too. It's the Scotiabank Saddledome, home of the hockey and figure skating competitions in the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary. Jacob didn't like the catwalk to get to the press box, though!
Unfortunately, they didn't bring home a win, but by all accounts it was a good trip. There were a couple minor hiccups with food in working around Jacob's diet (like a place that had gluten-free buns but the burgers had gluten?!), but as a whole I think it went well. There was a lot of build-up, and I hope in his mind it lived up to the hype. He's a very lucky kid to get a trip like that, and I hope he realizes it!




No comments:
Post a Comment