Thursday, December 11, 2014

Photo Thursday

It's been a while since I posted photos.  I guess it's a combination of not a lot of photo-worthy activity and Christmas busyness and general laziness.

This time of year is always crazy, let alone when we got a slow start and everyone's had some manner of the crud over the past couple weeks.  I'm hoping for a strong finish over these last two weeks so we can truly enjoy the holiday itself.  But alas, as I type this I'm sitting at the doctor with one eye squeezed shut because it hurts so bad I can hardly stand it.  It's red and draining like crazy and this all happened since I woke up.  I was hoping for some antibiotics that would also take out the cold that won't quit, the one I got a month ago that almost got better but never really did, but I got drops instead.  This is terribly painful and rather contagious, so it's a pretty bad situation.  As much as I wanted to use another vacation day, this is not the way I wanted to do it.

In the meantime, until I'm feeling better, some photos...

I took this from Jacob's window a few weeks ago, though the screen and everything.  I couldn't pass up the shot, though!

Mommy-Jacob selfie...once in a while he's cooperative!

Right near the end of our fourth two-hour shift at the funeral home...apparently he can be cute anywhere, at any time!

This is a little hard to see, but this is Jacob at his Sunday School Christmas program.  He is snapping along to the song, and he was freaking out the day before after the rehearsal because he couldn't snap.  He faked it really well.  He almost didn't make it to the program because he had been suffering from random stomachaches after a suspected glutening at the funeral luncheon.  He missed his lacrosse game the day before, but he gutted it out for this performance.

A wide view of the Christmas program.  Jacob's group was near the middle, to the right of the lighted cross.  Nice performance.

Carter got a little antsy near the end, and since I already had my camera out, I snapped this one of him smiling at the people behind us.

And now...a couple outtakes from our Christmas card photo shoot.  It didn't go very well, but we survived.  This was probably earlier than I've ever done it, at least in recent memory!  I got cute smiles from each kid, but never together or without some sort of awkward pose or blur.


Hope these bring a couple smiles to your day.  God knows we need them around here at the moment!  My red, swelled up, oozing, painful eye should hopefully start clearing up soon, but this was the last thing we needed, particularly with Craig heading out on roadtrip #1 this weekend.  Not like I was going to get much shopping done anyway, but this is not helping. 

On the bright side, a video post is coming soon!

No comments: