Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Video Post, Finally...

I'm a bit sleepy today thanks to a late night at a concert in Buffalo with my college roommate, so the video post is about as good as it's going to get today.  I spent yesterday at home cleaning my entire house, and never quite getting around to the project I originally wanted to tackle, the giant stack of artwork in the office.  Oh, well, the house was gross and needed a serious scrubbing.  It's much better now.  Mary came in around 5pm, and we headed out by 6ish to go see her favorite band, NEEDTOBREATHE, in Buffalo.  You may recall they were the same band we saw when I was pregnant with Carter, at the same venue, which happens to be a standing room-only kind of place.  It's fine, but man...I'd enjoy concerts so much more if I could sit!  Apparently I'm getting old...but at least I wasn't pregnant this time.  It's also the same venue as the concert we went to with other college friends to see another favorite band, Five Iron Frenzy, last fall.  We had a great time last night, though.  The band is awesome live.  A little bit of country, a lot of rock, and a little side of blues.  Really great stuff.

While we were gone, a huge storm blew through Rochester.  We had no idea, though we knew something was up when we got off at my exit and my normal right turn at the end of the ramp was totally closed to traffic.  We had to go up another exit and make our way back around.  We started to see a lot of tree branches as we approached my neighborhood, and things started clicking.  Turns out the closed road was due to an exploding transformer that started a fire, took down six poles, and landed on a couple cars.  Fortunately, the damage was minimal and everyone was safe, but the road was still closed earlier today.  Part of me is sorry we missed it, but based on the number of branches I saw down this morning, part of me is relieved, because I know I would have been terribly nervous...and I don't like getting nervous in front of the kids.  At the time it hit, Craig was shuttling them home from Jacob's practice and off to dinner, so they were out in it for a bit.  Crazy stuff.

Anyway, on to the videos.  I'm pretty much only including this one in case you wanted to see what a mid-sized arena looks like while celebrating a championship.  This was a few minutes after the Knighthawks won, just as the teams were going through handshakes and other postgame stuff.  Everyone was still going nuts, and it was lovely to watch. 



Out on the turf, Carter was pretty reserved and was just trying to figure things out.  Here he is, enjoying the confetti all over the turf.  I tried to get video of him walking, but he was content to crouch in one spot.



 Here's video from the pictures I posted the other day of Carter playing with the packing paper from our Amazon delivery.  The second half is priceless and captures him so well :)



And finally, here's a little taste of him walking.  I hope to get a little more before he gets too good at it.  These early walking days are so awkward and cute.  He's motoring around pretty good now, but I love watching him be so big and independent! 


And while it looks like he just sort of veered into the mulch, I sort of think he did that on purpose, because he loves digging in dirt like that.  I think we're in for it with this one.  I think the nail brush I bought to tackle the dirt under Jacob's nails might get a workout between these two boys!

So...yeah, those are the videos.  Now it's time to start focusing on Jacob's birthday, because I feel totally unprepared.  I'm hoping we have enough gifts to make him feel special (because, when you're six, isn't that what it's all about?), and looking forward to dinner out on Friday.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of thoughts on six years of Jacob in the next couple days.  Stay tuned...

No comments: