Monday, April 29, 2013

The Last Week

I don't know if I was just lazy last week, or too invested in other projects, or what, but it's taken me an entire week to get these pictures off my camera and post them here.  Suffice it to say that evenings are crazy these days, and I'm already short on sleep so I'm always hesitant to jump into a new project later in the evening once my arms are empty and the boys are asleep.  It's been a struggle to stay awake long enough to get things done and it's hard to sacrifice any more time in the evening after not seeing the kids all day.  That is my biggest challenge now that I'm back to work.  Anyway, as a result of trying to get some other projects done (like, say, way-overdue thank you notes, birth announcements and baptism invites), it took me a week to do this...
 
Two weekends ago we were actually pretty busy.  Craig was in Buffalo/Canada for various lacrosse activities, so it was just me and the boys.  My parents came into town to see us, with the added incentive of sitting in a suite for the Amerks' last regular season game.  We hadn't been to an Amerks game all year and Jacob, of course, had been wanting to go.  So, no time like the present!  Fortunately Craig got us tickets and we had some comfortable accommodations in a suite.  We had a very nice time.  This is how Carter spent his night...

And Jacob hung out with Grandpa...

We had a really good time and still managed to get home at a reasonable time.  The Amerks won to get themselves into the playoffs, and even better, the Knighthawks won their road game to get into the playoffs.  It was a good night.

The next morning we had a birthday party for Jacob's friend at Chuck E. Cheese.   

Craig was still in Buffalo so I had to get the boys up and ready myself.  I put Carter into the Baby Bjorn and played pack mule while Jacob ran from game to game.  Craig showed up right around pizza time, and then he took over game duty while I chatted with one of the moms (the mom of Jacob's soccer buddy, who I hadn't seen since the last night of soccer, the day before Carter was born).  As usual, Jacob had a blast playing games.  He played a lot of the baseball and football games, as well as some skee-ball and air hockey.  He also liked riding in this big safari jeep that raised way up, and spent a good amount of time in the crawling/climbing apparatus with his friends. 
Playing air hockey against Daddy!
The one thing I insisted is that we all sit in the crazy picture creator thing.  It takes a picture and "draws" it.  It only costs one token and I figured it might be a fun opportunity to get a picture of all of us together.  Well, I think the result is pretty priceless.  Carter looks a little dazed, but the rest of us where laughing because it was so hard to get us all in the picture.  Nice memory, though!

I spent most of the rest of the weekend trying to get a good picture of Carter.  He is so cute, but I don't feel like photos do him justice!  However, I think these capture his essence pretty well...

This may be one of my favorites, but for some reason I cannot get Blogger to put it in here rotated.  Sorry, you'll just have to tilt your head...
Carter has been smiling up a storm at times.  It's still not particularly cause-and-effect, but he does it a lot.  Once in a while he'll do it directly in response to something, but most of the time it's random and directed at my forehead or something.  But the past couple nights we've played a little game with his pacifier where I give it to him and take it back.  Ok, it's probably a bit of a tease, but he thinks it's funny so we'll just go with it.  Regardless, here's a cute picture of him smiling.  I can't wait to see more of these!

Back to my busy week now...notes to write and laundry to fold!

No comments: