Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Rest of the Weekend

After our handful of hours of sleep on Sunday morning, we had to head out to Buffalo for our nephew's birthday party.  Thank goodness I controlled myself beverage-wise, because sleep deprivation was causing me enough problems without being hung over, too.  Still, we wouldn't have missed the party, so off we went. 

Once we got there, Jacob was doing his own thing, playing in a corner with a pirate ship toy.  For whatever reason, he wasn't interested in heading out to play with his cousins.  Eventually he broke into their supply of dress-up costumes and put on a Power Ranger one.  He finally got around to heading outside to the bounce house, and was happy to discover that there was a hoop in there.  After tracking down the ball, he took a few shots...
When's the last time you saw a basketball-playing ninja? :)
He also had fun bouncing...

And climbing...
Where did this brave little climber come from?
And sliding...
Don't know if you can see it, but he's got a huge smile on his face.  Later on the kids were making it a water slide, and Jacob ended up wet enough that we had to change him into his bathing suit (after the fact) because Mommy didn't bring enough backup clothes.
And here's Jacob (in a new outfit--ninja turtle, this time) helping his cousin blow out his candles.  I guess he's practicing for a month from that day, when he'll be doing the same thing.  How is my baby turning four?!

We had a great time visiting with family and recalling the events of the previous night, but I'm not gonna lie--it made for a very long day and I was never so happy to fall into my bed that night.  It's been a busy week and we've been trying to catch up on our sleep.  Apparently the old body doesn't bounce back like it used to.  I could barely keep my eyes open at work the past couple days.  Today was the first day I wasn't in agony, but rest assured, I'm still tired.  Fortunately I will have a nice long weekend to try to recover.  I can't wait! 

No comments: