Monday, January 9, 2012

Well, it WAS a good weekend...

The weekend started out with a gorgeous sunset as seen from my office.  It was breathtaking.  The sky was doing this crazy ripple thing in one spot.  I've seen clouds do this before, but these ripples were so tiny!  It was awesome.  This picture almost looks blurry, but it's not.

And toward the other direction, it was doing this:

And later, this:

Friday night we went out to a local restaurant where the Knighthawks' dance team was doing their official calendar release party.  The girls loved Jacob, and the players that were there couldn't help but laugh at how shy Jacob still is.  He's seen them a bunch, but he still shies away every time.  We had fun, though, and headed home so he could go to bed and I could start packing for our weekend trip to Buffalo. 

Saturday we had hoped to get a quick start, but it just didn't happen (as usual).  We took off after a quick lunch at home, did some quick shopping, and stopped at my parents' for a little bit since it was my dad's birthday.  After dinner, we headed out to a big event: Jacob's first NHL game!  He's been to a preseason game, but this was the first real thing, and it was exciting for all of us.  Not the least of which me, since I hadn't been to a Sabres game in probably five years.  This from a girl who spent a lot of time at Sabres games back in the day.  We had great seats and although Jacob was quiet when we got there, he was definitely taking it all in. 
Pregame photo op with Daddy...the best I could do!

And one with Mommy...again, the best we could do!
 During an intermission, we managed to track down Sabretooth!

And the requisite popcorn shot...
At least the full mouth helped him to stop asking to go out and play hockey...yep, great seats, but he still wanted to go play.
The Sabres lost in overtime, 2-1, which was a bummer even though we were slightly torn.  I mean, obviously we're Sabres folks at heart, but after Craig's job situation, things were tarnished a bit.  Then, of course, there was the matter of our postgame activity.  Two of the Winnipeg Jets used to play for the Amerks, and Craig has kept in contact with one of them.  We set it up to wait for him after the game.  While we were waiting, I snapped this pic of Jacob.  I sorta like it.
Eventually the players came out, and the other former Amerk recognized Craig right away and was happy to see him.  Finally Tanner Glass came out, and man, was he ever a nice guy.  He and Craig caught up, and Jacob (of course) got shy, but when Jacob wouldn't give him five or shake his hand, Tanner told him he would shake it out of him...and he picked him right up!  We got a good laugh out of that, and I think Jacob thought it was pretty cool, too!  He got an autograph on his Amerk puck, and we eventually said our goodbyes and headed out.

On the way out, we snapped this random picture in the old Aud seats outside the Pour Man's Aud Club.  Random, yes...totally us, yep.
We spent the night at Craig's parents', and spent Sunday with his whole family.  Jacob enjoyed discovering some of Craig's old toys in the basement and spent most of the day hiding from Lulu the dog, who still likes to nip.  He had a lot of fun, but he felt a little warm to me and seemed a little off...not wanting to eat, a little sleepy, etc.  He went down pretty good once we got home, but he seemed extra tired.  This morning he woke up extra early, and when I got out of the shower he was in our bed.  I walked into the room, he told me he was sick, and when I asked what was wrong, he promptly threw up in our bed.  Yup.  Awesome.

We got him into the bathroom for the next round, and he freaked out a bit when it was all over.  Luckily he didn't have much in his stomach since he didn't eat much yesterday, but it was still pretty awful to watch.  He threw up once again after a couple sips of water, but that ended up being it for the day.  On the bright side, everything was pretty easily cleaned up, and puking in our bed spared his million stuffed animals.  Best idea ever was to put down an old comforter on the living room floor to keep a comfy safe-zone for him.  He seemed better around lunch time, asking for food and keeping it all down, but he slowly became more lethargic and his fever came back.  He fell asleep out of the blue around 5:30, after a fitful nap full of sleeptalking earlier this afternoon, but still went right down at bedtime.  I always worry a bit about dehydration even though he was peeing normally and crying tears.  He just seemed so miserable at times, whining about random stuff and staring off into space.  He said his belly still hurt, but everything stayed down.  Not sure how things will go tomorrow--or for Craig and me for the rest of the week, both health and work-wise--but at least I got all of my Christmas stuff taken down today.  A little bonus for me, I guess. 

So, it was a good weekend...but today was not the best kind of Monday. Wish us luck...

No comments: