Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The rest of the story...

After our busy day on Saturday, I was a little concerned about flying solo on Sunday when Craig had to work a hockey game. I know how Sundays can be, especially when I didn't get a chance to nap on Saturday. Nevertheless, Jacob and I went to church (not bad...he had his moments but nothing horribly embarrassing), came home for lunch, and then he went down for a nap. He stayed down for two hours, during which I took care of some things around the house and then sorted through pictures from the summer in preparation for printing the good ones one of these days. When he woke up, I had two things in mind--a shopping trip to scout for Halloween, and a walk to the playground to enjoy the pleasant weather and let him work off some energy. I decided to do the playground trip first, since that seemed more important and the sun would only keep things warm for so long. So, into the stroller went Jacob, and we walked around the corner to the playground. It's a good 10-15 minute walk--not far, but lots of curves. When we got there Jacob was excited to play on the playground, but as usual insisted on running around with his hockey stick, which makes me nervous since both hands are preferred for climbing. Here's Jacob showing off his goalie stance...

After climbing on the playground equipment for a while and taking a few slide runs, we headed over to the basketball court so Jacob could play hockey. He loved having the wide open space to run and play, and decided that the entire one wall of the school should be the net. I had to play goal. Such a happy boy...
Then he decided it was time for some basketball...look at that form!
Eventually I had to get us headed back toward home because I wanted to hit up a couple stores before they closed (darn early Sunday closing times) to scout things out for Halloween costumes--both Jacob's and mine. I finally convinced Jacob it was time to go, and once we got home I relented and let him play for a few more minutes. Here's Jacob in his hockey helmet, which is way too big for him...
And finally, before we left, here's a picture that took way too much convincing and prodding and yelling to get. Thank goodness it's so darn cute. How hard is it to smile, look at me, and keep stop picking up the pumpkins? Seriously, the kid is going to have those pumpkins smashed long before Halloween comes!
Our Halloween shopping did not go well, and we even cut the outing short and came home for dinner because Jacob was getting a little bit difficult to deal with. I'll blog more about the Halloween costuming issues soon. But it was definitely a fun fall weekend!

No comments: