Monday, March 15, 2010

Photo Session...

Yesterday Jacob was looking particularly adorable in one of the aforementioned hand-me-downs we got last weekend. His navy and gray Polo sweater was made him look so handsome that I just had to snap a couple pictures. It's been a while since I had gotten a slightly more posed shot that was worthy of printed photo enlargements, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Jacob was in a good mood, so why not? Well, I don't think I got one worthy of an 8"x10", but I did get a ton of cute pictures! If you want to see the full batch (just selected ones here), go to my Facebook album. But here's a sampling...

Ok, I don't know where this came from, but Jacob started making this face when I was trying to get him to smile. I guess it's his "cheese" face, because I taught him to say "cheese" to smile for pictures and he kept making the face. It reminds me of the son of a blogger I've been following for years. He made the same exact face around this age. Let's hope it doesn't stick around long!

Better...
Starting to crack a smile...
And my favorite of the bunch...he's sitting on a stool that my aunt personalized for us that's been living in my closet. Apparently he decided it's a perfect place to sit.
I took advantage of his willingness to sit and tried to put him with a different backdrop, in case I got one that was good enough to print as an enlargement. This one turned out really cute, despite his crazy hair, which I may try to Photoshop out...

For the last few weeks I've been on a hunt to find Jacob a new pair of sunglasses. He has one pair that technically still fit him, but they have a velcro strap on them and when Jacob inevitably pulls them off, he can't get them back on. I think they may still come in handy this summer when he's playing outside or in the pool, but for car trips (he sometimes gets so blinded!) I wanted to get him a regular pair that he'd be free to take on and off. He'll learn soon enough that he's better off keeping them on! Of course, most of the kids sunglasses that you see out and about this time of year apparently aren't for kids Jacob's age. They all have ages 3+ stamped on them. I have no idea why, but I figured that within reason I'd try to follow that guideline in case I'm missing something. Perhaps they're afraid kids under three will poke their eyes out, but why, then, do they have similar but slightly smaller versions in the baby department? I have no idea. So I found a cute pair at Target in the baby department. They're dark blue (almost black) and have three little blue paw prints up the left side and a picture of a dog on the one lense. You can't see it when you wear them, though...and it didn't show up in the pictures either. But it's cute. I tried to take a picture of the two of us while we were standing in front of a mirror so Jacob could see himself, with limited success. I was trying to hold Jacob, hold the camera, look in the mirror to see the camera screen so we were lined up right, and press the button, so it was a lot to coordinate. This turned out to the be the best shot of both of us, but I accidentally covered the flash so the color's a little off.


And here's one of our cool little dude solo...how adorable is he?


We had a lot of fun this weekend--still a few moments but generally he was a good boy and I stayed sane despite Craig working the whole weekend. Not to mention how our readily approaching move is infiltration most thoughts these days. Every spare moment I had when Jacob was sleeping was practically spent doing some sort of packing or organizing. We're getting there but still have a long way to go. Craig has an off-weekend this weekend so we'll be doing a lot then, thanks in part to the presence of my parents, who will be keeping Jacob occupied. And seeing as we'll potentially only be about 7-10 days out, I'll be a bit more ready to pack more useful things and the remaining decorative items that make our house feel like a home. I apologize in advance if this blog becomes a moving blog more than a baby-mommy blog in the next few weeks. This blog tends to document what's happening in our lives, at least to some degree, and needless to say a household move tends to dominate our thoughts and activities just a bit. I'll still always try to relate it back to Jacob in one way or another, but just a warning :)
Oh, and one final thought for today. This family is NOT a fan of daylight saving time, no matter how much we appreciate an extra hour of light in the evening. Jacob had a hard time going down last night, had to be woken up this morning, hardly napped today (an hour!), and then fell asleep at the dinner table. Seeing as how it was already about 7:30 by that point and Craig let him sleep on him for a little while, we figured 8pm was a good bedtime to try to get Jacob back on track...but of course he freaked out during his diaper change (sorry, Jacob...I don't need to deal with a wet bed tomorrow morning) and was a bit resistant to going down again. He seems ok for now, but we'll see how his night is. Let's hope it resets him and all is back on track tomorrow!

No comments: